What's new

WHV Announcement: Friday The 13th Extended Killer Cut (DVD/Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Tim-H.

Second Unit
Real Name
Tim-H
Thanks, Chris.The consensus seems to be nothing that makes a big impact.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I watched this over the weekend and could't find one reason to think of as to why anyone would want to own this piece of garbage.

the only thing that ties it to the Friday the 13TH series is a short flashback in the beginning that makes this movie seem more of a sequal then a remake.
Nearly right after that the killing starts, but why?

This figure has been roaming the woods since 1980 and killing and no one has gone out to find out why?

What a bore, might as well just stand all these idiot characters up on a conveyor belt and let Jason hack away, because that's just about what the plot of the movie is.

Also the shocking ending is not even close to the surprise of the original.
You could see it coming from across the Lake.

horrible pointless garbage.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
You're definitely taking it too seriously. These films are for groups of friends to go to the theater together and have a ball laughing at what's going on. It ain't Psycho, that's for sure.

Btw, they've had films featuring "serious" characters trying to understand the nature of Jason.

But I won't argue the remake is pointless. It's still a great time in the right mood. I liked it a lot. It was the first one I saw in the movie theater. I'm actually looking forward to the next one.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
really, what was in this movie to laugh at?

What mood do I have to be in to like this movie.
I don't wan the characters to try to understand what's going on I want to.

Anyway I stick with what I said, this could have been given any title
and still be the same movie, Friday the 13th is just what they used to cash in
on the original series.

At least the Halloween remake was a little interesting and brought something different to the series.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Sorry Tony. I'm just stating my own views of the remake and the series in general. This stuff will never really scare me. It did when I was in my teens. But now I'm 43. It's a laugh in the form of black comedy. Many bits are intended to be comedy...you didn't notice that? :confused: Other bits may or may not be comedy but I'm laughing anyway usually.

You said "no one has gone out to find out why" this guy is in the woods killing people. and I was just telling you they have. The New Line film starts with them studying Jason's heart or something. There was another that started with commandos or something trying to end the terror. Jason X has moments with that Playboy centerfold looking hottie doing some sort of research before getting a permanent face alteration.

I agree Halloween did a better job bringing something new to the series, at least the opening parts of the film but then it got lazy and boring. With F13th, the lack of anything new didn't bother me at all since it was endlessly nostalgic and that's all I wanted from it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks