What's new

WHV Announcement: Camelot (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

James Luckard

Second Unit
Real Name
James Luckard
It's even more confusing than that.
it looks like the releases are as follows:
4/24
Digibook BD (wide)
Normal BD (Amazon exclusive)
7/17
Normal BD (wide)
DVD (wide)
There are two separate listings for the normal BD at Amazon with the different release dates, just as there were for Lolita and Barry Lyndon when they were Amazon exclusives for a certain window.
I hate digibooks, and was excited enough to see earlier today that I'd be able to buy a normal BD within 3 months of the digibook release, instead of the normal year+ Warner waits.
The fact that I'll now be able to get a normal BD on release day, for under $15 makes this almost like Christmas in March:)

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
All these different roll-outs and that particular advertisement make me feel that they aren't kidding about any restoration this time. Any speculation as to what, exactly, they've done to that film? I also notice that with the digibook and so on, they're treating it like a Prestige title rather than just another catalog title. So far, so good--although from West Side Story we learned that the studios can indeed botch a film that otherwise is supposed to be receiving the royal treatment. One can only hope that they'll get Camelot right the first time--

lukejosephchung

Screenwriter
Real Name
Luke J. Chung
Originally Posted by Ethan Riley /t/319617/whv-announcement-camelot-blu-ray#post_3912334
All these different roll-outs and that particular advertisement make me feel that they aren't kidding about any restoration this time. Any speculation as to what, exactly, they've done to that film? I also notice that with the digibook and so on, they're treating it like a Prestige title rather than just another catalog title. So far, so good--although from West Side Story we learned that the studios can indeed botch a film that otherwise is supposed to be receiving the royal treatment. One can only hope that they'll get Camelot right the first time--
George Feltenstein's the guy in charge of catalog reissues & restorations at Warner...he's been doing this since the days of laserdisc back in the early '80s with over 32 years experience at his job. Anything with his name attached to I consider to be reliable in quality, Ethan.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
George Feltenstein's the guy in charge of catalog reissues & restorations at Warner...he's been doing this since the days of laserdisc back in the early '80s with over 32 years experience at his job. Anything with his name attached to I consider to be reliable in quality, Ethan.

Luke,

Thank you for that.

There is hardly anyone in home entertainment more dedicated
to the classics than George Feltenstein. It is the love of his life,
and that love shines through all of the Warner releases his hands
touch.

I don't think that's an exaggeration.

lukejosephchung

Screenwriter
Real Name
Luke J. Chung
Originally Posted by Ronald Epstein /t/319617/whv-announcement-camelot-blu-ray#post_3914806

Ethan,

Thank you for that.

There is hardly anyone in home entertainment more dedicated
to the classics than George Feltenstein. It is the love of his life,
and that love shines through all of the Warner releases his hands
touch.

I don't think that's an exaggeration.
It's Luke, Ron...but thanks for the kudos...

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Luke,

I am sorry. I looked at the post above yours and transposed the names.

I will change the original thread so that you get the proper respect you deserve.

lukejosephchung

Screenwriter
Real Name
Luke J. Chung
Originally Posted by Ronald Epstein /t/319617/whv-announcement-camelot-blu-ray#post_3914810
Luke,

I am sorry. I looked at the post above yours and transposed the names.

I will change the original thread so that you get the proper respect you deserve.
No worries, Ron...I've been a home theater fanatic since I bought my Pioneer VP-1000 Laserdisc player in June of 1980, so I have some knowledge as a long-time consumer/afficienado...this website's been a godsend to fans like me and I love posting and sharing with you and the membership!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks