What's new

WHV Announcement: Best of Warner Bros. Cartoon Collection - Hanna-Barbera (1 Viewer)

Greg Chenoweth

Supporting Actor
Other than the sell sheet, Ron, was there any other info on the set? TVShowsonDVD.com listed the possible cartoons but some things just don't line up correctly because the listed contents do not come close to 25 cartoon shows.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Hi Greg I think it means 25 different cartoons and not 25 cartoon shows. As they were listing the 3 cartoon per shows, like Huck and Quick Draw each as 3 seperate cartoons. Looking at the pictures on the box I think it is how they are getting 25.

Greg Chenoweth

Supporting Actor
Randy Korstick said:
Hi Greg I think it means 25 different cartoons and not 25 cartoon shows. As they were listing the 3 cartoon per shows, like Huck and Quick Draw each as 3 seperate cartoons. Looking at the pictures on the box I think it is how they are getting 25.
Randy, I counted 43 different cartoons represented on this set. If you count them out by each show, then the number becomes around 23. Sometimes in the past, WHV has put out a release like this (Looney Tunes in particular) with the content listed and then a **CORRECTED** list comes out afterwards with the proper number of cartoons and/or episodes. I also read at Cartoon Brew that the "rabbit" on the front cover in the number *2* is not an H-B character but instead comes from Looney Tunes and that WHV is going to correct the artwork so that it becomes Ricochet Rabbit. I hope instead they put Ruff and Reddy on the cover.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Yeah looking at the list on TVSHOWS website I see what you mean about 43. I guess we'll have to wait for an official announcement.

mdnitoil

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott
Adam4Rizzel said:
If this was on Blu-Ray I'd snatch it up in a second. But, it's not.
Damn, this is the reason I've been reluctant to go Blu. I never want to have this attitude, but I know I will eventually if I switch. On topic, is anybody expecting anything new here? I just assumed they were repackaging stuff from previous releases.

Greg Chenoweth

Supporting Actor
mdnitoil said:
Damn, this is the reason I've been reluctant to go Blu. I never want to have this attitude, but I know I will eventually if I switch. On topic, is anybody expecting anything new here? I just assumed they were repackaging stuff from previous releases.
There is lots of new stuff here. First off, Ruff and Reddy will be on the set and they have never been on DVD. The same goes for Loopy de Loop and Abbot and Costello. The Quick Draw McGraw/Augie Doggie/Snooper cartoons have not been on DVD yet either. The Yogi Bear cartoon mentioned has never been available on DVD. I would have to check on Atom Ant/Secret Squirrel and Peter Potamus cartoons because they might have been on the Saturday Morning 1960's sets. Also, Cattanooga Cats have never been on DVD either.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks