What's new

WHV Announcement: 10 New Blu-ray Titles coming April 2009 (1 Viewer)

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig

Continuing from that thought: if you dropped dead while watching a BD, would you be content to go to eternity with one of these as your last earthly experience?
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
When I first saw the thread title I got really excited, then when I clicked on the thread, my excitement turned to disappointment, mainly due to the fact that Warner has the deepest catalog of any studio and these are the titles they choose. I guess I was hoping for some classic titles in the mix. It's not as if Warner is releasing a ton of catalog titles on blu-ray and this is just one batch out of many, if so I probably wouldn't have been as disappointed.

I will probably pick up American History X and maybe 2010. The others I wouldn't go near with a 10 foot pole.

Mr. Pacino

Second Unit
Real Name
Nico
Yesterday, I got "Above the Law" Steven Seagal and "Collateral Damage"(Schwarzenegger) and the picture quality was kind of dissappointing.
Contrast and colors are weak.....

Warner did again a shit job on catalog titles.....-like before in "Eraser", Out for Justice and so on......

Ensign Eddie

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Scott

I watched 2010 last night and I would say that it suffers a little of the same fate. But it is such an improvement over the non-anamorphic DVD that I am willing to give it a pass. It also has the trailer that was not on the original disk. If you're a fan of the film it's definitely worth $14 from Amazon.

However, I was hoping that the hokey Andy Summers' music video would finally make an appearance. Alas, it did not.

MattFini

Supporting Actor
Picked up Tango & Cash yesterday and gave it a spin last night.

It looked pretty good, if not outstanding. It is miles ahead of the lousy SD that was available. Decent audio track as well.

Overall it's not amazing, but I spent 16.99 on it at Best Buy and I was pleased.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks