What's new

Who's Got All 45 Twilight Zone DVD's?? (1 Viewer)

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
I'm not quite in the "own all" category here (got 26).
Any of you got 'em all (1 thru 43, plus the 2 Treasure Vol.)?
Pretty nice transfers on these TZ's.
What's your favorite TZ on DVD?
My vote: Definitely Vol. 2, which includes the 2 classic airplane episodes, plus "The Monsters Are Due On Maple Street". All grade-A!
[--THAT'S A SIGNPOST UP AHEAD....--]
B00004RFAY.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
I would really like to have these. This is one of my very favorite TV shows. Where have you been buying them from and are these going OOP?

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
Dave H.: Glad to see other TZ fans out there like me!
From what I can see, ALL 45 volumes are still available (this covers ALL 156 episodes of the series btw).
Amazon has all of them.
DeepDiscountDVD has some, but not nearly all (cheapest price [natch], @ $10.79 each).
Another place you might try is ......
www.moviesunlimited.com.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
David,
There are quite a few Twilight Zone fans here and you'll find this thread which is in the software archive interesting.
Crawdaddy

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
I stopped somewhere around 29 and have the rest on my "to do" list. This has been true for at least 6 months. I'm lame. I deserve to have them go OOP and screw me (but I hope this doesn't happen).

I had figured out my fav disc but I can't remember now. Have to go back and look at them.

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
I have the 3 boxes of the twilight zone on Laserdisc.

Each have ~25 episodes and picked them up for under $20 a piece....pretty cool!

And they look great!

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I have Volume 2 and that's it, I'm sad to say. So much to collect, and so little left in my wallet! :eek:
Does anyone think there's a chance these will ever come out in an easier-to-collect format, like the X-Files/Sopranos/Star Trek TNG digipaks?

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
I only have the one with Vic Morrow and George Takei. Can't remember the title, but it hadn't been seen since the night it aired.:D

gregstaten

Supporting Actor
I have 'em all (got each one at street date). But... I'm still going through 'em. A few nights ago I finished number 30. (I'm also still going through the Star Trek TOS DVDs - just started number 16 last night.)

So many DVDs...so little time...

-greg

Craig Beam

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CraB
I'm a proud owner of all 45 volumes, along with the wonderful American Masters documentary on Rod Serling. Twilight Zone is by far my all-time favorite show, so I had to have 'em all... even the bad ones. ;)
And by the way John, the George Takai episode is called "The Encounter," but it stars Neville Brand, not Vic Morrow. In any case, it's one of the better 5th season episodes in my book.... For the record, my all-time favorite episode is "Long Live Walter Jameson."

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
Re. Mr. Sparks comment on Vic Morrow ..... Funny, I too can easily visualize Morrow in Neville Brand's role in "The Encounter". He would have been good as that character I believe.
Perhaps John was thinking of Morrow in Twilight Zone--The Movie, in which his character is a bigot. Of course, sadly, Mr. Morrow was killed during the filming of that film in mid-1982.
By-the-by ..... I wonder when the movie will enter the DVD arena?? I liked one of the segments in the film very much .... the John Lithgow [scared flyer/gremlin on wing] segment. Remember? Equal, I think, to the William Shatner 1960's version. Scarier gremlin anyway. ;)
630533580X.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Mike Johnston

Auditioning
If any of you are interested in TZ in bulk, I remember seeing a large boxed set at Ken Cranes. I was very tempted to buy it, but I didn't. After catching TZ on the Sci-Fi Channel I regret my decision. I can't remember if it had all of them, but it had quite a few.

Speaking of TZ:TM, Was the Vic Morrow segment an actual episode? Since every other segment appears to be I would assume so. But after looking on the backs of them when many were in front of me I just couldn't seem to find an episode that fit.

Amazing series. I love the level of consistency. While some episodes don't really hold my attention the way others do, the same eerie feeling is present in all of them. I do like the ones with twists though. Especially that episode with the "disfigured" woman.

-Mike

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
I'm a proud owner of all 45 volumes, along with the wonderful American Masters documentary on Rod Serling. Twilight Zone is by far my all-time favorite show, so I had to have 'em all... even the bad ones.
But, even the bad ones were still good. :)

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
Hi Mike J. .....

Good point you made about the V. Morrow thing. I can't think of an ep. that "fits" either. Odd. Because all the other segments are most certainly re-makes of the Serling show (Kick the Can, It's A Good Life, and Bill Shatner's classic "Nightmare @ 20,000 ft.").

I suppose, Mike, that the Morrow segment COULD be based on "The Encounter", which also revolved around prejudice/racism. OR: Possibly it was based on "Quality Of Mercy" (with Dean Stockwell). What do you think?

More TZ talk .... Mike, I agree with you also on the "disfigured" episode. That's one of the best in the series! That was "Eye of the Beholder", featuring Donna Douglas (Elly May Clampett) as the "hideous" creature! (Although, if you've noticed, it's certainly NOT Donna's voice used at the end when her faced is revealed. Who did the voiceover?)

Jeff Bannow

Agent
Has anyone created a guide for these that lists the episodes in their proper order? Say, a list with the episode and season and the disc that it is on? I'd love to watch these in proper order again ...

- Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks