What's new

Who wants an "Arachnophobia" Special Edition? (1 Viewer)

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
Great movie, but unfortunately the DVD out there is pretty lame. Video quality is non-anamorphic and SERIOUSLY lacking. Plus it is missing the Making-of TV documentary Link Removed that aired upon the theatrical release. All the current edition has is the trailer and a 2-minute fluff featurette.
Come on, I'm not the only one who would love to have Disney do an anamorphic special edition re-release of this gem! Who else is hoping for such a DVD re-release? Heck, they re-released Tron in a nice new edition...
Eight legs, two fangs and an attitude. :D :emoji_thumbsup:

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Hell yes! I regard Arachnophobia and Tremors as two of the best films of that type ever made!
"That right. I'm bad!"
Classic stuff. It will go very nicly with 8 Legged Freaks when it's released to dvd later in the year.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Count me in, Luke! This flick may be a bit tame for the hardcore horror freaks, but I think it's a clever and colorful little 'family' horror flick! Daniels and Goodman are very solid, and the spiders are more than suitably creepy.

I'd buy a SE!

RayG

Stunt Coordinator
Very funny film that mixes comedy and horror perfectly. A special edition would be great.

Kami

Screenwriter
Speaking of Tremors...has there been any info/rumors about a re-release? I love this film to death but the current DVD looks pretty junky...I still may have to pick it up though if there's no hope of a re-release.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Kami,
the current dvd of Tremors isn't too bad, in fact the only problem I have with it is that it's not anamorphic, but the nonanamorphic transfer is acceptable. I've seen much worse.
Even the Dolby Surround 2.0 track is pretty decent with good LFE activity. Other than that it's a decent package, lot's of extras.

MikeEckman

Screenwriter
I would love to see a 16x9 SE re-release of this film as well. This movie creeps out my mom more than any other movie ever made! :D

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
I'd buy it.

This movie traumatized me as a child. I always hated spiders, but this movie killed it for me...

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
The thing that always pops to mind when I think about arachnophobia is I swear that when I saw it, the theatrical poster had a spider hanging in front of the moon.

When it came out on video it was not there.

Very strange. Did the artwork change or did a theater employee draw the spider in? Whatever, I liked when the spider was there.

An okay flick, but it wasn't very scary for my father and I who are both afraid of spiders. We figured because we experience that fear all the time the movie didn't offer us anything we weren't used to.

Ray_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
R. Ray Rogers II
Yeah! Sign me up for a 16x9 release with some geat extras and I'd buy it! I've loved this film since I was an adolescent and the only reason I've been holding off on buying the DVD is because it's lacking the treatment it deserves.:D

Todd_B

Second Unit
Been waiting forever and a day on this title. Great little flick that gets my skin crawling after every viewing.
I would pick this up in a heartbeat :emoji_thumbsup:
Todd B

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks