What's new

Who owns these Properties? (1 Viewer)

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Dear Guys: Can anybody tell me which company owns the rights to Bearcats (1970), Nichols (1970), the animated Alf and Altales in the 80's? James

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
The two animated ALF series had one-disc compilations released by Lionsgate that quickly went OOP. They, too, were edited (which puzzles me, as I don't recall them being syndicated). Paul Fusco still owns them, and the contract with Lionsgate can't end quickly enough.

Tom M

Stunt Coordinator
MatthewA said:
The two animated ALF series had one-disc compilations released by Lionsgate that quickly went OOP. They, too, were edited (which puzzles me, as I don't recall them being syndicated). Paul Fusco still owns them, and the contract with Lionsgate can't end quickly enough.
I never understood why Lionsgate didn't finsh the animated series. Maybe they didn't sell well? Hopefully the company that puts them out will do "complete series" sets. The animated series were NOT edited like the live action show was. Many Saturday morning cartoons in the 1980's already had a running time of 22 minutes and that's how long the ALF cartoons ran. I still have several of the cartoons on Beta from their original run and can confirm the Lionsgate releases are uncut. The only thing missing is the end credits for the first episode of ALF Tales and who knows the reason for that? The ALF cartoons were syndicated to the Family Channel in the early-mid 1990's. Near as I can recall, they were uncut.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Bearcats was a Filmways show. Filmways became Orion and then part of MGM which means its now being handled by Fox, along with all of the other MGM properties.

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Jack P said:
Nichols is a Warner title (it ran 71-72).
Well, that's another one for the WB Archives to root for. _______ As for the animated Alf and Alftales I really enjoyed the humor of the show. Mind you, that was back before the Simpsons, and I thought the writers had some pretty good in-jokes tied in with the satire of the fairy tales. I was pretty disappointed that the cartoon Alf didn't continue on DVD. Thanks for the help. James

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Can anybody tell me who owns the rights to The HIgh Chapparal Emergency plus 4 The Magician (Bill Bixby) James

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
High Chaparral is Universal and so would the Emergency cartoon spinoff I would presume. Magician is CBS/Paramount so forget that (we know they don't do short-lived fare).

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Not sure about High Chaparral being Universal. It was syndicated by Republic, same as Bonanza, so that would also put it under CBS/Paramount. If you really want the show, they have put out 3 of the 4 seasons in Germany.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
I stand corrected on HIgh Chaparral. Don't know why I assumed Universal.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
A dirty rotten FOX owns them, which is the reason why you won't be seeing either anytime soon.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
(1) Fox, so forget it (2) and (3) CBS/Paramount. Forget both beacuse if they're not going to finish long-running QM shows, why would they start short-lived ones like August? (Longstreet I know is not QM)

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
12 O'Clock is Fox, Switch is Universal, Dan August is definitely CBS/Paramount and Longstreet is, I am almost sure, CBS also.

kingfish

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul Pisano
i would like to see the 12 o'clock high tv series on dvd. it would also be nice if the rest of black sheep squadron were released.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks