What's new

Who killed Peter Campbell?! (1 Viewer)

BobH

Stunt Coordinator
Since it's going to be a long while before the second season of SOAP comes along on DVD; can anyone tell me who killed Peter Campbell (the cliff hanger at the end of the first season)? I think I know but . . .

wasn't it Corrine?

BobH

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Kyle, but this is not a current TV show but now on DVD. Only adults in the '70s would know this.

BobH

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks MatS!

I don't dare hold my breath for the next season but surely most others agree it is one of the best. Anything you've seen before at least once and still makes you laugh out loud . . .

I am a little surprised at the social commentary they pulled off (for the times). I don't suppose you remember the name of the other series Susan Harris wrote in which the male and female roles were completely switched? Only lasted one season I think, and I can't find anyone that remembers it. I remember the title screen having a rose on it. I think it was so insane and so sharp-tongued that it was too painfully funny for the '70s.

Thomas Hart

Stunt Coordinator
IF (and that a big IF) Columbia does release season two and three on DVD, I would love a commentary or interview with someone on the last episode of the third season explaining how certain cliffhangers & plot points were planning to be resolved if there was a fourth season.

The last episode had Jessica facing a firing squad, Burt about charge into a gun ambush, and I believe Chester about to shoot his new wife and Danny in bed together!

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Anyone else notice that the actress who played Corrine also played "Juanita Juanita" on The First Nudie Musical? She never took her clothes off, but I had a good time watching her sing "Perversion" and shake her maraccas! :b
"It was just so BIIIIIIG!" :laugh:

BobH

Stunt Coordinator
Dan: I don't think that is the one. It had a SOAP like cast of everyday characters. Businesswomen that treated male secretaries like chattel, house-husband that couldn't stand to be outside of the closet, women executives hitting on bar-fly men, etc.

Anybody know why SOAP was cancelled? I remember the plots getting stranger and less funny. (But I will buy seasons 2 & three on sight!)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Oh, I forgot to mention something. Did anyone else get a promo brochure in their Soap - Season 1 set that says on the back: "Coming Soon To DVD...Soap - The Complete First Season"? :laugh:

BobH

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, I enjoyed that. Just for a second, I hoped it was a misprint about the Second Season. Nahhh.

By the way, I remember that Diana Canova (Corinne) had a short-lived show of her own after SOAP died.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Which one? "I'm A Big Girl Now" with Danny Thomas as her dentist dad? Or "Throb", where she sang the theme song for the show?

BobH

Stunt Coordinator
I'm A Big Girl Now was aptly named for her weight gain after soap. I remember enough that it was boring.

Throb?? I hate to ask , , ,

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks