What's new

Who is Shannon Hoon? (1 Viewer)

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but who is Shannon Hoon (not sure about spelling)? I'm listening to a Dream Theater song where he mentions her along side with Kurt Cobain. The lyric is something like:
A daily dose of empTV
Will flush your mind right down the drain.
Shannon Hoon and Kurt Cobain
Make yourself a household name.
So I'm curious who this person is. Thanks much.

Kolya

Stunt Coordinator
Lead singer of Blind Melon. OD'd on something or other in the mid '90s. Male.

Trey Fletcher

Second Unit
Kolya is correct. Shannon Hoon (sp?) was the male lead singer of Blind Melon, their most popular song being "No rain." He died of a cocaine overdose several years ago, leaving behind a girlfriend and daughter. Recently, VH1's "behind the music" did a nice piece on the band and what happened, though the attitude and actions of the rest of the band regarding his addiction pretty much disgusted me. TF

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
Ooohhh.
I assumed it was a woman.
Yeah, I remember that guy, just didn't know his name.
Thanks, folks.

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
I saw Blind Melon open for a Jimmy Page/ Robert Plant reunion concert. Two weeks later I heard on the radio he had died. Creepy!

John Besse

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
Just let me breath... Dream Theater rocks. Although, that is by far the worst song on the CD
wink.gif

------------------
My DVD Collection
Link Removed

MikeM

Screenwriter
In concert, I heard he...ummm...(how do I put this?)...during the song 'No Rain" he proceeded to make his own..."yellow rain" on the front row during a stop in Sacramento.
I don't know if this was the stuff of urban legend, but I rememeber hearing about that back in college.
------------------
mike_sig.jpg

SteveA

Supporting Actor
Yes, Shannon Hoon did indeed urinate on the crowd during a concert in which he was tripping on acid (according to the VH1 Behind The Music special).

Users who are viewing this thread