What's new

Who Here has given up on PSP Stick Video? (1 Viewer)

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I know I have until they ever allows us to play avi files. Even with the AVC capabilities, the low resolultion, locked in Frame rates, just create to much blur, ghosting and red fringing that it gives me a Headache to look at the thing. UMD Video is of course excellent. I may have to look into another PMP to use my Xvid files.. How about you still using memory stick video?

RichardK

Second Unit
I havent messed around with it in months. At first it was cool and fun, now...not so much. At least i have a 512mb stick for my digital camera though.

Ian_Fisher

Stunt Coordinator
I have a 512MB stick as well, and I'm able to get a 2 hour feature film on there with pleanty of room left over and really good quality. Not DVD quality, but really good. Good enough that I still have yet to buy a movie on one of those UMD discs.

Ken Chui

Supporting Actor

Dave:

Are your results the same whether you use PSP Video 9 v1.71 or AutoAC 0.17?

I bought a 1GB stick a few months back, but I haven't gotten around to transferring any video files onto it.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
It really isn't the Fault of the encoding Software it's more in the limitations of the device with regard to memory stick video, the 29.97 framerate, combines with the low refresh on the LED and the lowered resolutions to provide an image that's less than optimal.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks