What's new

Who has tatoos? (1 Viewer)

MikeSerrano

Second Unit
[Great job on resurrecting an over 2 year old thread, Zen!]

In the Summer of 2002 I got my first tattoo. It says "only God can judge me" written in Japanese characters on my left arm. As I am an atheist, its meaning takes on somewhat of an ironic slant.

-Mike

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Also, artists I know speak of the "habit." Once you have one, be ready to feel a need to get more. It's habit forming (I think it has to do with discovering how easy it is to break the taboo).
When I got my first tattoo (a tribal band around my ankle) my tattooist said "I'll see you when you get your next one" and I was like (sarcastically) "YEAH RIGHT!!!", but a year later I found myself back adding on to it to make it bigger...and now I'm considering getting more done. I guess it's getting the initial fear out of the way that makes the rest seem like no big deal.
And as far as what to get, I'll agree with RESEARCH, RESEARCH, RESEARCH!!!!
Consider this decision being even more important than marriage because it's less painful to get divorced than to have a tattoo removed ;)

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
[Great job on resurrecting an over 2 year old thread, Zen!]
You know, I found it doing a search on "red bull" :) Didn't want to start a new one no matter how old of a thread I found. The thread searchers can never wait to pounce on you.
"Uh, sorry zen this was being dicussed in 1997 in this thread Can't you use the search function?"

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
I'll jump in here and say I've wanted a tattoo for about 3 years now. I finally decided on what I want, just not sure where I want it or how big. I'd like a Peregrine Falcon, something along the lines of this pic, but a bit more detailed.
peregrine-falcon_detail.jpg

Just don't know who could do it, where to get it done...etc.
Peace Out~:D

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
Ron, there is only one artist in your area that I would trust to handle that job. She is in the very high digits though.
Check the detail on this tiger
tat022a.jpg

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
i thought about putting a "W" on each butt-cheek. that way, when i bend over, it says "WoW"....

seriously though, i'm thinking about getting one around my ankle. my girlfriend has a hawaiian tribally-looking thing on her ankle ... pretty cool.

but she says getting tatooed near the bone hurts ... and she knows i'm a wimp.

so there ya go.

Chris Moe

Screenwriter
This thread really needs more pics!
I have one
tat.jpg

I want to get my other ankle done as well. I've had the one for about 12 years now, got it when I was 18.

Colin Davidson

Second Unit
While I don't have any tattoo's I would recommend that once you find a shop that you want to have do one for you, check with your local public health department for any health/cleanliness issues. I believe that most city/county governments will perform inspections as well as keep any complaints on file for the business.

Good Luck.

Marshall Alsup

Second Unit
Nice job bringing the thread back. Tatoos are a cool subject!

More pics.... I agree. I'll get a pic of mine this weekend and post it.

-Marshall

Chris Moe

Screenwriter
Mine hurt at the back of the ankle, by the achilles tendon, and that is where she started. It kinda feels like you are getting a bunch of bee stings, but you go numb after awhile.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
and how exactly is going numb a good thing? :D
oh well, my gf said she'd buy one for me on my b-day. so i got a few months...

I have two, on my left shoulder I have a multi color tiger with his paw coming out at you. On my left upper arm is a barbed wire band. The band is cool, it has a bunch of nails and staples going thru the wire, with red spots to look like blood!

Chris Hovanic

Supporting Actor
My brother has a sun in the clouds with the following wording above it... "All go to Heaven" and under it he has the names of friends and family that he has lost.

My sister, a surgical tech, told me about stiching a guy up after open heart surgery... the ship on his chest just would not line up.

I would like a tatoo but cant find anything that would have enough personal meaning....

Jeff Pryor

Supporting Actor
I have one cross on my right inner wrist, and a cross of another design on my left inner wrist.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
hmmm...good points mark. i'll probably go for it ... it's really getting more appealing as i get older (and give less of a whoot what others think...). :)

KerryK

Stunt Coordinator
I actually have five - a TIE fighter, a planet, a flower, another Star Wars symbol, and a mountain. I got my first one in Germany and it REALLY hurt (it's small). Someone told me that in Europe the needles go deeper so it hurts more. I don't know if it's true, but it's 12 years old and the detail is still amazing, and it hurt more than any of the others.

It's true that you get hooked, if you're starting out, I'd start small and then decide if you want another. I'm already feeling the itch for another. And speaking of itching, Mark Hastings, OMG I agree with you. I have eczema so my skin is pretty itchy to begin with. But my tattoos have been torturously itchy for weeks after.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks