What's new

Who has an X1 and likes it? (1 Viewer)

RANDY FISHER

Second Unit
I am almost 99% convinced to buy an Infocus X1. It will fill my present (small room temp setup) and future (dedicated finished basement) needs for a larger front projection picture at an extremely affordable price. I have found it on line for ~$1300 before the $100 rebate and the extra 3 year warranty (making it 5 year total) if you purchase before June 30th has pushed me away from a Sanyo PLV-Z1 and into the DLP camp. I have used other DLP machines at work and I don't seem sensitive to rainbows. Who has one of these babies and what are your thoughts on it?

thanks Randy

Fred Seger

Stunt Coordinator
I loved my X1 until last weekend when it decided to throw a permanently green tinted image. I had to send it back in to get it fixed. Luckily I hadn't sold my old projector, a Toshiba XGA LCD. So I setup it up. I immediately noticed how much better the X1 was even though it was a lower resolution projector. I can't wait to get it back.

The only place I like my old projector more is when I'm using it with a computer. The extra resolution helps. The X1 does 1024 alright but it gets fatiguing to use it to much when reading the screen a lot( web and email)

Dennis Gardner

Stunt Coordinator
I can't believe how many more movies I watch since my X1 arrived 2 weeks ago tomorrow. I have 80 hours on it. I can't keep my kids off it once they found out how awesome PS2 games look and feel on it. Our basement theater has suddenly become the place to hang out for all. I have even had co-workers that want to schedule parties this summer to play pool and watch flicks till dawn. Even the analog broadcast of the NCAA game looked great this past Monday.
(It didn't help my Jayhawks any!) but it sure was fun to watch 80"x60" large.

Buy It, save 2K over a decent RPTV and make sure you have
a surround sound that is up to the screen size. We sure seem to play everything bigger than life now and I am using the $ saved by not getting a TV to upgrade to 7.1 sound!

Enjoy,

DG

RANDY FISHER

Second Unit
Thanks all for the replies so far. Dennis, I am glad to hear the X1 is bringning in the crowds. I moved to a new house almost a year ago and in the move I lost my dedicated home theater room as the new house is brand new and the basement is waiting for me to finish it. I will be starting in the fall. Until then I am still busy landscaping. I have a 36" Sony Hi-def XBR that is currently temp. in my dining room along wiht a Harmon Kardon speaker and receiver setup I bought to use as a temp setup until the basement is finished, at which time the Wega, receiver/speakers are to be moved into my living room. I may just get the projector now because of the rebates and put it in my temp setup and move the XBR to the living room. Also, my real audio equipment is in storage at a friends house which includes a loaded Lexicon DC-1 (THX/DTS-ES/Logic 7),outboard amps from NAD, Adcom, Carver and THX speakers from Snell, Atlantic Tech and Altec Lansing...which I miss quite a bit!

Randy

Doug_H

Supporting Actor
Randy

I am considering this as my next projector. How about a hint where you found it for $1300 :)

Thanks

RANDY FISHER

Second Unit
Doug, actually around $1300 is middle of the road. The price ranges from $1220 to $1500. Do a search on pricegrabber.com. And don't forget that all those prices are before the $100 rebate and if you buy before June 30th and extra 3 years to the existing 2 years of warranty! Just be careful to select what looks like a reliable dealer. I am leaning toward projectorshopper.com. I got a quote of $1375, free shipping, no tax outside of WA plus the option of 6MOS same as cash.

Randy

Mathew Shelby

Second Unit
Randy,
I bought my Infocus X1 from ProjectorShopper.com (Andy). If you buy it, tell him I sent you and we can split the $50 referral fee. He was very nice and I envy the lower price he quotes you (only $50). Currently, I am spec'ing a HTPC to pair it with, although it quite excellent without it. For some reason, I seem to like a progressive image out of the Infocus X1 better than interlaced. Yes, I see the rainbows when I turn my head quickly, but for the money I save I can deal with them. I am playing with the location of the projector in my living room. THe manual says it cannot be directly center, so currently I have it on a coffee table. I am still in college and renting so no ceiling mounts for me. You will LOVE this projector.

RANDY FISHER

Second Unit
Mathew, actually I am dealing with someone else at Projectorshopper. Not sure If I will get anyone in trouble for naming names.. so I won't. Thanks for the reply.

Randy

Brice

Stunt Coordinator
is there any screen shot pics out there of the X1 in action, also of this 'rainbow' thing? i want to see it for myself, cause this really all sounds inticing...

~Brice

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks