What's new

Blu-ray Review Who Framed Roger Rabbit Blu-ray Review (1 Viewer)

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
I just spoke with Best Buy and they only have a few coming in and they are spoken for but come in there could be one or two but not certain. I spoke with Walmart and they stated if I want a copy perhaps come in after midnight or early morning for the movie will sell out by end of day. I asked about matching price and only with a flyer would they do that.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I'm also okay with a March 14 delivery date. As much as I want to revisit the movie, I thin I can find a few other things to occupy my time until then.

SilverWook

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bill
While we're all waiting, here's an old Starlog magazine article on the deleted scenes... http://johnpannozzi.blogspot.com/2008/03/censorship-of-who-framed-roger-rabbit.html

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Could this be the culprit?
20130312_110549_zpsde013c87.jpg

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
So apparently the DVD is full frame and is missing some extras. Another thing I noticed is that there is no pop up menu. Choosing pop up menu on the remote offers two options. One is continue the movie other is simply "menu" which then puts you back to the main menu. Once done there also is no resume the movie feature or ability to save a book mark.

Ferdinand Hudson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ronnie
TravisR said:
"If there's animation then it's for kids."- millions of uninformed parents
My mom's old d**k of a boyfriend said something to that effect one day many years ago when spotting a cartoon listed in the TV schedule in the newspaper suggesting we should all watch it. The animated feature happened to be "Fritz the Cat". The family entertainment of that day didn't last long but the smirk on my face certainly did.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
So the manufacturing delay is adding the sticker or fixing the DVD? Is there such a thing as a quality control department anymore? You'd think there'd be a check off sheet before the discs go to pressing.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
I doubt they pressed new DVDs for this release; these are probably remainders of the "family-friendly" full-frame discs from the Vista Series release that someone failed to note were full-frame rather than widescreen.

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
I just came home with mine from Best Buy which told me they would reserve a copy for me when phoned today. Two were left with the sign not on the package but above the two that were left. Why call Disney? I know I am dumb from posting 3 times what others have and have won the contest LOL but why call Disney? Can you guys fill me in. BTW it was nice to be able to go an buy like the old days a movie on the day it comes out. Walmart is really only where that happens and it does not happen often for me since I am an old time movie fan. I wonder if Walmart has dropped their price? What other options were there to buy Roger in Bluray? I also used to use my Reward Zone coupons and now I never get any because most of my business goes to the big river I sure hope the copy for having these flaws does not have others we do not know abouut.

Bryan Tuck

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan Tuck
"Our bad"?! I love it when huge corporations try to sound "hip." Still, having the contact info on there suggests that a widescreen DVD exchange will be made available to those who request it, so that's good.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Actually I meant the double post, but yeh on the other thing too.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Mark Collins said:
Has anyone received an email from Amazon worded like this Dear Amazon.com Customer, We're writing about your pre-order of or interest in "Who Framed Roger Rabbit: 25th Anniversary Edition" Unfortunately, due to a manufacturing issue, the shipment of this item will be delayed. We are working hard to deliver this item as quickly as we can. I will cancel it and go to Walmart if I must or Best Buy
I received that email, along with a separate email telling me that the item had shipped. I received my copy today, so I am not sure why I received the delayed shipping email. If the only issue is with the SD-DVD, it will not concern me, as I only plan on viewing the BD anyway.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Mine is "Not Yet Shipped" but is still estimated to be delivered by 8 pm tomorrow.  "Estimated" might be the all-important word here. EDIT: Oops. Not tomorrow. Thursday. "Never mind."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks