What's new

Who else hates the rolling eyes smilie? (1 Viewer)

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
Does anyone else dislike this smilie besides me? It comes across as unfriendly and rude to me, and most of the time it seems unnecessary. I've had one or two of them directed at me, but all of them were unwarranted or mistakingly used.

~T

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
Updated list of things people have tried to get banned and/or complained about in just the last month or so:
1. Word Association thread
2. Threads celebrating post count milestones
3. Tournaments in the Polls Area
4. The rolling eyes smiley.
Now, I hope you understand and take this in the friendly spirit with which it is intended, but there can be only one response to your post: :rolleyes
:D

Ike

Screenwriter
It is rude. It's a way of disagreeing with someone without outwardly insulting them. And with that:
:rolleyes

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
I like to use it, but not often, and usually not to veterans here... I just wish boards like IGN or MSN chat had that smiley... Sometimes people are so dumb hey deserve the :rolleyes

TomF

Stunt Coordinator
Rain,
You need to add one to your list:
5. Coupons and Bargains
It was removed from the Forum recently because some suggested a low post count meant low usefulness. Happily it was reinstated very quickly in response to the protests :)
Tom

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
I've only stopped by to observe the inevitable roll eyes convention.
That little animated version of the smiley always makes me grin with it's wry bemusement.
What is that cliche, you can always tell how big someone is by what bothers them.
It's funny because it's true. ;)
Jim

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
I didn't know it was even possible to still double post, DAMN! :rolleyes

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
You know for some reason I miss the drool smiley, I liked that one, it looked a bit like me too.:D
The sleepy smiley zzzzzzzzzz was great too, what happened to the poor bugger, died in his sleep maybe? :crazy:
What we really need around here is head exploding smiley and a foot falling on head smiley.:)
If we can get enough diverse smileys we can post in smileys instead of words, a colorful way of communicating with each other, and this is a good one how about a custom smiley to represent certain members?;)
I'll be the yummy member, I mean yummy smiley!!:eek:
POSTED BY
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
I love the rolleyes! I don't think I've ever directed it at a specific member, but it sure comes in handy when I want to illustrate sarcasm or derision in one of my more nasty movie reviews. :laugh:
(I also love the laugher too!)
Only smiley I really don't like is the jaw-dropper.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Thats the one Oliver, although I would prefer that gif from Scanners, erm on second thoughts.;)
Is there a pulling your hair out smiley?:rolleyes:
A smirking smiley?
A I'm not listening smiley (smiley with hands over ears and humming).?
A spitting smiley?
I really miss the sleeping smzzzzzzzzz........

Artur Meinild

Screenwriter
I think the rolleyes smiley is ok. I've gotten a few myself, but I could only laugh at it afterwards... :) :rolleyes

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
I really like this one:
ononono.gif
. Even worse connotations than our old friend :rolleyes: Use the headbanging smiley when talking to some folks about MAR etc. is like banging your head against the wall... :laugh:

Bruce Berti

Stunt Coordinator
I use to really like the rolling eyes smiley until one day I came home and found him in bed with my wife!:angry: :rolleyes

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks