What's new

Who did you regret not seeing Live? (1 Viewer)

Hunter P

Screenwriter
MC Hammer
I don't like going to concerts if I know the artists are just going to stand there and sing. I might as well stay at home and stare at a picture of artists while listening to their CD. If I go then I want a visual show.

gregD

Second Unit

Outstanding ! ! ! ! ! !

Missed, to my chagrin:

The Who --- with MOONIE ! ! !

Hendrix

Janis

Jim_F

Screenwriter
I saw Zappa a few times, but I skipped the "The Best Band You Never Heard in Your Life" show at a nice, smallish local venue.

Not interested in seeing the Stones anymore, but back in the early '70s a friend got advance notice on ticket sales. I passed, while she got 3rd row center seats for about $10 or $12 each.

Camp

Senior HTF Member
I saw the Pixies once.
I had an opportunity to see them a second time but it wasn't really a convenient time for me. I just thought I'd catch them on their next time around...no big deal.

They broke up about a month later. :angry:

kamyiu

Stunt Coordinator
from my lifetime...

queen. i was too young. freddie mercury could sing the phone book and i'd buy the album.

pixies woulda been nice too. had a chance to see them for trompe le monde, but passed. sadly, that was their last album.

there are more, but that's all for now...

Travis Kolesar

Second Unit
ones i had a chance to see and didn't: pixies, my bloody valentine, cocteau twins, the cure (multiple times), fugazi, frank zappa, miles davis

if space and time were not an issue, the list would be too long, but the one thing I know I would have loved to have been at was the premiere of The Rites of Spring...

Kevin Farley

Second Unit
funkadelic
Saw them sunday night! They're on tour you know... check Pollstar.com for concert info.

Nirvana, and SRV. Both times, I was "busy" and said ahh, I'll see them next year. Damn.

I missed Devo in 83, RIP.
I was sick but was going to go to U2's war tour concert in Orlando... only like 700 people there. Damn.

I saw Genesis in 84 (mama tour) with like 12,000. I was 20 ft. from Phil's kit. The next year, Invisible Touch tour, I camped out all night for tickets, and they opened up the entrance on the other side of the mall like 30-40 minutes before our side, and having 20 ticket selling places, ended up in the back of the stadium (AARRRGGGHH!) And this 16 year old girl at the concert said to me, I hope they play some of their old stuff. I said like what? She said Abacab. Arrgh! I said (under my breath) You are the reason I'm in the back of an 80,000 seat stadium, airhead!

I was 12 during AC/DC's Highway to hell tour; no permission. Bon ups and dies. Got to see For those about to Rock tour though, 14 years old. First concert. Yeah!

I did see Adam Ant, Joe Jackson, Agent Orange with 10,000 people (excellent...), dozens of concerts, but those stand out today.

Oh, did see Fugazi twice. Once in a bar. and Ian called for requests, and we yelled out "Out of Step" to which Ian replied with something I can't quote here. After the show, I helped roadie out the amps (freakin awesome) and I asked him about it. Basically, due to all the violence between the sharps, skins, and punks at the Minor Threat shows, he doesn't want to play that material anymore. I apologized, and told him that it was very powerful music for me, and really helped me through some hard emotional times. I thanked him for that music, and for the Fugazi show. He was great to talk to. Amazing! They still tour as well, so check out Dischord once in a while.

Louis C

Supporting Actor
Biggest misses:

1. Genesis with Peter Gabriel.

(First Genesis tour I saw of many was Trick of the Tail (with Bruford), and also saw Gabriel's first solo tour (with Robert Fripp.)

2. Creedence Clearwater Revival
(My brother got to go but I didn't and I never have forgiven him.)

3. King Crimson in the 70's (with Bruford/Wetton)

4. Pink Floyd with Roger Waters

5. Gentle Giant

6. ELP

7. Bruce Springsteen in Houston's Liberty Hall before he hit the big time

and of course the Beatles...

Can't complain much - I saw: Led Zep, The Who with Keith Moon, Bob Dylan '74 tour, Frank Zappa, Yes' Relayer tour, U.K. (with Bruford), ZZ Top, Renaissance, CSNY, Trapeze there are many more but it's late...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks