What's new

Directors Who are your favorite 80's TV stars and why ? (1 Viewer)

Ben__Tyler

Auditioning
Who are your 1 - 4 favorite male or female actor/s, who in the 1980's, pretty much became a star and icon on TV
(not film) and please say why, for any actors named.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Ben, the Software--TV Shows area is for discussing television shows on DVD. Since this is a poll you want to start, here's where it belongs. And when discussing TV shows in general, please post in TV and HDTV Programming. Thanks.

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member
One of my favorite 80's TV Stars is Michael J. Fox as Alex P.Keaton from Family Ties. I really couldn't explain to you why he was my favorite.

He's Republican and I'm Democrat.

He's funny and I'm only funny when I'm drunk. :)

He's short and I'm tall.

Honestly, though, I think it was his comedic chops that made him one of my favorites. His ability to add just the right amount of comedy to an episode.

Others would be Kirk Cameron as Mike Seaver on Growing Pains and Will Smith on Fresh Prince of Bel-Air. I'm not sure if Will counts, but IIRC the show debuted in 1989.

Since Matthew Perry as Chandler Bing on Friends is one of my favorites now, I guess you could say I went for the smart alecky characters on sitcoms.

Rob Gardiner

Senior HTF Member
I'd go with Patrick Stewart and Dennis Franz. I can think of few TV actors from ANY decade who have the talent of either of these two gentlemen.

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
Bob Newhart
John Ritter
John Larroquette
Ed O'Neill
Christopher Lloyd
Alfre Woodard

Bobbi*L

Agent
Don Johnson
Bruce Willis
Harry Hamlin
Corbin Bernson
Patrick Duffy
Michael J. Fox
Roseanne
Jill Eikenberry
Patrick Stewart
Johnathan Frakes
Dennis Farina
Anthony Denison
Rob Estes
Mitzi Kapture

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks