What's new

A Few Words About While we wait for A few words about...™ Lawrence of Arabia -- in 4k/UHD Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

owen35

Second Unit
Real Name
Steve
Persianimmortal said:
This made me wonder, why hasn't anybody made Lawrence of Arabia 2: Revenge of the Fallen yet?
The plans are in the works. I've heard rumors that Ben Affleck was in the lead for the role and Michael Bay is tapped to direct. Should be awesome!!

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Persianimmortal said:
This made me wonder, why hasn't anybody made Lawrence of Arabia 2: Revenge of the Fallen yet?
One day they will do a remake, it won't even be filmed in the desert, they will use green screens and CGI in the backgrounds and the cast of thousands will actually just be a dozen real people, it won't be four hours long either, it'll be a tight two hours and twenty minutes and they will change things slightly and probably replace the camels with horses, also Lawrence Of Arabia will have a sequel where he fights the alien invaders in Roswell New Mexico.

I think they will get Quentin Tarantino to write the script so expect Lawrence to utter a few F-words and Ben Affleck isn't starring in it, he will be directing it, they're get Benedict Cumberbatch to star in it, one because he is a Brit and can do the language and two because his last name reduces the masses to fits of giggles and they want some humour in there.

Lawrence Goes To Arabia will be the title of the first one, the sequel will be called Lawrence Whups Martian Ass.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
[Don LaFontain] In a world...with a lot of sand. One man, one very pretty man, is determined to fulfill his destiny.

This time, it's personal. [/Don LaFontain]

JoshZ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joshua Zyber
FoxyMulder said:
One day they will do a remake, it won't even be filmed in the desert, they will use green screens and CGI in the backgrounds and the cast of thousands will actually just be a dozen real people, it won't be four hours long either, it'll be a tight two hours and twenty minutes and they will change things slightly and probably replace the camels with horses, also Lawrence Of Arabia will have a sequel where he fights the alien invaders in Roswell New Mexico.

I think they will get Quentin Tarantino to write the script so expect Lawrence to utter a few F-words and Ben Affleck isn't starring in it, he will be directing it, they're get Benedict Cumberbatch to star in it, one because he is a Brit and can do the language and two because his last name reduces the masses to fits of giggles and they want some humour in there.

Lawrence Goes To Arabia will be the title of the first one, the sequel will be called Lawrence Whups Martian Ass.
Any remake of Lawrence will have to be reworked into a science fiction epic.

Lawrence of Andromeda.

Pre-production starts tomorrow. Budget $325 million. The director will be some 2nd Unit VFX guy who's never worked with live actors before. No writers have been hired, nor are any needed. The script will just be recycled from Avatar/Dances With Wolves: Heroic white guy travels to far-off land to lead a tribe of "noble savages" too helpless and incompetent to take care of themselves. Blah blah blah... Evil corporate imperialists... etc. etc. Beyond that, the cast can ad-lib it and fill in the blanks as they go. Release date three months from today.

Persianimmortal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Koroush Ghazi
FoxyMulder said:

I hope the studios are paying attention, because this really does sound like money in the bank to me.
The only thing I can add is that it would make sense to use Will Smith in the sequel to the reboot. He would be playing the role of T.E. Lawrence's great grandson, Darryl "L-Dog" Lawrence, a wise-talking adventurer with a penchant for smacking people upside the head. Include some transforming robots and/or a corporate/government conspiracy, set it in space or in a dystopian future, and the thing basically writes itself.

I didn't know him personally, but I think I can safely say that if Sir David Lean were alive today, he would wholeheartedly support such a project. Make it happen Hollywood.

Persianimmortal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Koroush Ghazi
Wow, they did too. The joke's on me. It's apparently called A Dangerous Man: Lawrence After Arabia. Not quite as catchy as the titles we've come up, or something like Lawrence 2: The Ottoman Empire Strikes Back, but still, not a bad title. Good to see Hollywood ahead of the game when it comes to making sequels. Now we definitely need a prequel or a reboot to complete the set.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Persianimmortal said:
I hope the studios are paying attention, because this really does sound like money in the bank to me.
The only thing I can add is that it would make sense to use Will Smith in the sequel to the reboot. He would be playing the role of T.E. Lawrence's great grandson, Darryl "L-Dog" Lawrence, a wise-talking adventurer with a penchant for smacking people upside the head. Include some transforming robots and/or a corporate/government conspiracy, set it in space or in a dystopian future, and the thing basically writes itself.

I didn't know him personally, but I think I can safely say that if Sir David Lean were alive today, he would wholeheartedly support such a project. Make it happen Hollywood.

I hope they're also able, then, to find a role for Jaden Smith...

David_B_K

Advanced Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
AdrianTurner said:
I also wondered about the placement of the intermission. I must confess to finding Part One very long indeed with too many desert scenes. I did think DL was exactly right to cut out that scene just before the feast in Auda's tent - all those horses and camels riding around in circles doesn't serve any purpose at all, except to say 'this is a big epic movie and we've spent tons of money.'

So I thought, maybe the intermission should have come at the Suez Canal, ending with the 'who are you?' shot of Lawrence and then fade to the interval, thus opening Part Two in the entry into Cairo.
I first saw Lawrence on the ABC network Sunday Night Movie in the mid-70's. As was their usual practice with long movies, the film was shown over two successive nights. They ended the telecast of Part One just before the "Who are you?" moment, when Farraj implores Lawrence to ride with him on the camel, rather than walking. Part Two began the next night with Lawrence and Farraj coming up on the shacks. I video-taped the ABC version a few years later when it was rebroaadcast and I had a VCR; so I saw that version many times before Lawrence was restored. I've always sort of thought of that point as the intermission moment rather than the real intermission that occurs after the Allenby scene.

rich_d

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich
For those so inclined, TCM is presenting The Story of Film, a 15 part documentary of the history of film. It is based on Mark Cousins book of the same name. I own the book and have seen a few of the episodes and found both to be well worthwhile.

Cousins does a very good job of contrasting things, periods, films, historical perspective and the like. The only negative (for some) is that he definitely has a world view perspective of films almost to the point that one might consider that Hollywood gets short-changed in the overall content. As I'm always interested in discovering world film, I found that actually to be a bit of a benefit.

The first episode is being repeated tonight (technically Wednesday morning at 4 a.m. eastern standard time and will be featured Mondays and Tuesdays into December. Worth DVR ...ing.

http://www.tcm.com/storyoffilm/

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks