What's new

Which Vivitek Projector (1 Viewer)

sean51892

Agent
Real Name
Sean
Hey Jim,
We have been prolongng moving in for almost a month due to delays on the remodeling work. So I haven't been looking much into the projectors still until today. I used projector central and found the epson 5010 would be good as well as a Benq W7000 and Mitsubushi HC7800.
Do you have any input on those three?

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
The HC7800 is a little too dim for you. The Epson and the Benq are very good choices for you. It really boils down to LCD vs. DLP.

sean51892

Agent
Real Name
Sean
I am reading comparisons on DLP vs LCD because they seem to be pretty similar as far as performance goes. I might just go with the epson

sean51892

Agent
Real Name
Sean
Ok final question on this as I will be ordering today. I believe I am going to go with the epson 5010. The only thing I am debating on now is it worth it to pay an extra $600 and get the Panasonic PT-AE8000U? I am thinking probably just go with the epson but I didn't know if that one would make much of a difference in quality compared to the epson.

sean51892

Agent
Real Name
Sean
Scratch that, just ordered the Epson 5010 and got a free mount with it as well for $1999.00 delivered. I am pretty happy with that deal. Thanks for your help with all this Jim. Now once it gets here I will have to figure out how to get this bad boy adjusted just right. I can't wait.

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
Sounds good. If you don't already have one, make sure to buy a calibration disc. The Disney WOW disc is highly recommended and great for beginners also.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks