What's new

Which SVS? (1 Viewer)

Richie-C

Agent
I think I have decided that I am going with the SVS sub but now I am trying to decide which one.

The two that I am considering are:
New PC Plus and the CS Plus with the Samson 1000 watt amp.

Do you guys think I should wait on the PC Plus? or just bite the bullet on the CS plus?

Any help would be appreciated.

Rich

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
Depends on whether you think you might want to add a second one later on (adding second one is cheaper with CS). If you need/want the extra connection options of the PC plate amps. And how willing you are to wait.

SteveBjr

Stunt Coordinator
It all depends on your room size and if you plan on upgrading to another sub later. If you plan on adding a 2nd sub later then go with the CS series, much cheaper adding another sub this way. Some more specifics about the room would really help people give you suggestions.

Doug BW

Stunt Coordinator
Unless you can't wait a few extra weeks, I would definitely recommend waiting for the PC-Plus. The difference in price between buying a CS+/Samson1000 now and a second CS+ later, versus a PC+ now and a second PC+ later is only $70, or about 5%.

However the advantages of the PC+ are many. No rack space occupied by a sub amp. Subsonic filter. Phase control. Crossover.

And of course if you never end up buying a second sub, it's far far cheaper to buy one PC+ than the CS+/Samson package.

The only reason I can think of for anyone to opt for a CS+ at this point would be if they already have a suitable amp. Then the CS+ is far cheaper.

Yuli

Agent
What would be the advantage of waiting for the PC+ over the PCi?

I am thinking of getting a SVS sub.

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
Thought the price difference was going to be more than that. Oh well, that reduces that in consideration.

The PC+ uses three 3" flared ports (PCi is one 4" flared port), a driver capable of around a 1/2L more displacement (PCi is around 1.5L, PC+ is around 2L) and an amp with 200W more power (PCi is 320, PC+ will be 525).

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
Hi guys, Dustin has already given a lot of good info as usual.

I think the dual PC+ would be about $100 more than the dual CS+/S1000 package.

The linear displacement of a driver is very important,but there can be advantages just as important besides that. The dB12 driver we use the CS+/PC+ models are very resistant to thermal compression for example. We really need to get some objective data on the CS+ subs though...I'll give Nousaine a ring and see if he's busy.

TV

SVS-Ron

Screenwriter
Bob,
You really know how to break a web-master's heart! ;^)
Where to find this information? On the SVS News page of course! Look at the updates from yesterday, and 31 May too.
Drop us a note if your questions aren't answered there. Other than pushing hard to meet the dates we've set there's not much more to add at this point.
Except maybe to say that the PC-Plus will be one heck of a subwoofer series.
Ron

Bob J.

Grip
Ron, thanks for your reply. I just didn't see it when I looked the first time. Anyway, I've been convinced by this board's members, so ordered a 25-31 this AM and already got a confirmation back. It's arriving this Friday. How's that for service?

SVS-Ron

Screenwriter
Anthony,

That's what the clever link two posts above was supposed to lead you to but... what the heck:

Pre-orders start 15 Jul

Shipping starts on or about 22 Aug (tentative, based on projected arrival of the Plus amplifiers to our location), this date could slip in other words.

Ron

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks