What's new

Which Surge Protector? (1 Viewer)

Steven_Jobe

Stunt Coordinator
Ok, reguardless, monster's products are marked up from the get go. They are rediculously expensive for their type of products. I mean, do research even on these forums. Monster cables run around 20-50 dollars more than just as good of quality of cables as ones such as bluejeans and others. I'm not saying they are bad products, because they aren't, but myself and many many others agree they are way too overpriced. I mean, I myself have monster products in my dedicated HT, cables, a powercenter, you name it. They are great, they work well, however are not necessarily better than products at 3/4 the price. I wish I would've done research and got blujeans cables and panamax or Triplite surge supressors and then I would've gotten the same quality products for much, much less.

MikeH

Stunt Coordinator
You know the electricans just finished in my new house last week and I never even thought of getting a quote to surge protect the whole house. Damn :frowning:

I have an older Monster PowerCenter for my HT which I paid a reasonable price a few years ago. I use Tripplite on my computer. I am going to move to APC on the computer and perhaps the HT as well.

Mike

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
It doesn't require any great work as it's installed at either the mains or the meter. Give em a call and see what they float you for a price.

todbnla

Screenwriter
Real Name
Todd
Always used the Tripplite ISOBAR line, had 2 fry not too long ago (equip fine!!) after several years of useage and they replaced it ultra fast, :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

IMHO, the monster line is just overated like most of their stuff....IMHO.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation822
Recent bookmarks