What's new

Which MGM/UA titles should Sony re-issue with a new transfer? (1 Viewer)

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
Indeed, the Exodus transfer is one of the biggest embarressments in the world of DVD: a 220-minute film shot in 65mm with a non-anamorphic image on a single DVD-9. And it's mono, right? And no extras. Madness. Not a personal favourite of mine, but I hate seeing any film being treated like this on DVD.

JohnPM

Second Unit
Reading these posts makes me realize just how many old MGM/UA titles need to be revisited. I wonder if Sony will ever be equal to the task? HD-DVD's would be the answer for a lot of these, I would think, especially those shot in various wide-screen processes.

http://greenbriarpictureshows.blogspot.com/

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member

No, Sensurround was a process invented and copyrighted by Universal. The only Sensurround movies were:

1.) EarthQuake (1974)
2.) Midway (1976)
3.) RollerCoaster (1977)
4.) Battlestar Galactica (1979)

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough

I'm sure you meant Blu-Ray since Sony wouldn't be caught DEAD releasing anything on HD-DVD (at least for now).

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
one word: KUBRICK- all titles done corectly correct OAR as amatter of fact, if they wanted to go BD on these and for god sake get kirk douglas to do a commentary for paths of glory

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member

Intersesting about Zoot Suit. I Remember when the film was out and don't remember it being promoted as being in "Sensurround" as the other films were. But it was a Univesal film and I also remember it wasn't around long so maybe thats why they didn't promote it much:). IMDB backs it as being a Sensurround film.

Jae_E

Agent

Gordon,

Thanks for the correction on "Electra Glide in Blue". I was under the mistaken impression that it was released non-anamorphic. I'll be off to my favorite local store to pick it up tomorrow!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks