What's new

Which digital camera do you have? (1 Viewer)

Michael D. Bunting

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
I use the Sony Cybershot (DSC-P30) 1.3 Mega Pixels...

Sample shot from: Lost Wages, NV - The Bellagio Fountains:

I think it takes wonderful pictures, especially for the price I paid about a year ago ($185) but I wish I had a 3.+ or even a 5.+ Mega Pixel nowadays...

Steve Clark

Second Unit
At Christmas, I purchased the Olympus D-550 Zoom, which is 3 MP and 2.8 optical zoom. Prior to that I had a Toshiba 2 MP camera and had to return it for lack of quality. The Olympus combined with the Epson Photo 825 photo printer takes and prints fabulous pictures.

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
nikon coolpix 775 I've had for nearly 2 years now, still love the cam and have no desire to replace it

CharlesD

Screenwriter
My main camera is still my Olympus OM-2 35mm camera, but I also have a Casio Exilim EX-S2 Its small and I have 256 meg SD card for it so it is a good compliment to my SLR when on a trip somewhere.

Brian Lawrence

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
Bah! I don't need no stinking digital! I got my old trusty Pentax ME Super :D

Not to change the topic, but rather than starting a seperate thread, maybe some of you could also list your non-digital cameras. I'm just curious as to what everyone around here is using.

Oh yeah and I do have a digital camera for snapshots and taking quick pics of stuff I wish to put on e-Bay. A Sony DSC-P71. It's okay I guess, But I hate having limited control over aperture and exposure.

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
Remember: What's behind the camera counts. Who cares how many bajillion pixels you have! Just go take good pictures. :D

Mark Lee

Second Unit
Color me another satisfied Canon PowerShot G2 owner! The swivel-mount viewfinder is great, but just icing on the cake that is this awesome camera!

VinhT

Second Unit
Josh Lowe, that is an absolutely gorgeous picture!

I have the older model, the Sony DSC-F707, and I really like it. It's kind of like buying an SVS, you just don't feel a need to upgrade anymore. :D

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III
About 6 months ago I was in Walmart and happened to see this $35 Vivitar vivicam 10. It works as a webcam and a stand alone camera so if you're just looking to cover the basics at that price you can't go wrong.

Jin E

Second Unit
Canon Powershot A40. Here is a pic I took with the manual features of the camera on a tripod.

Low Light Shot

To give you an idea of the light level I took that picture at I took another shot of the living room in "Theater mode" with the lights off and only my backlight on.

KyleS

Screenwriter
Sony DCS-S85 4.1mp Camera and it is actually my second (First one I sold to my Uncle in-Law during my trip to Chile) and I liked it so much I bought another. I seriously looked at the Canon G2 & G3 models but couldnt justify the expense difference. Heck the G3 would cost me the same as the Sony F717 that I bought my father in Law and it is only a 4mp instead of a 5mp.

I purchased the S85 vs the F707 or F717 because of the size and portability for traveling. Only down size is that it maxes out at 128mb sticks which still give me 65 pics at full resolution but the F717 has Memory Stick Pro which come in 256, 512, & 1Gig.

KyleS

JeremyFr

Supporting Actor
I've got a Nikon Coolpix 2500 its been an absolutely great camera 2.1 megapixels more than enough for a great looking 8x10 on my photo printer. I'll have to upload some sample shots tonight.

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
I've got a Nikon Coolpix 2500 its been an absolutely great camera
Jeremy, how is it only being able to frame a shot with just the screen? I was looking at one and decided on the Canon S200 because I really like being able to look through the viewfinder. Plus it must be hell on the battery having the view screen on so much.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks