What's new

Which actors or actresses should stop making movies? (1 Viewer)

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I think that an actors personal politics or advocacy are separate from their work. I don't particularly care for the personal beliefs of Tom Cruise and John Travolta, but I don't mind watching them in the movies. A Shea La Beauuauef could cure cancer and bring world peace and I'd still hate seeing him wreck yet another potentially good film with his piss poor acting and obnoxious screen presence.

That said, I typically don't care for actors rattling on about world issues like they were experts. Don Cheadle seems like a nice enough guy. I saw him on Henry Rollins talking about some Rwanda thing he's involved in since making that Hotel movie, and he actually claimed that actors are actually the better people for this type of thing. You see, Actors are capable of transforming into characters and getting in touch with emotions that us regular mongrel plebs have no inkling about, and that makes them better suited to fully understand these complicated issues. Kind of like how Jenny McCarthy understood that vaccinations cause autism in children.

The problem of course is this, movie stars bring advertising dollars since people like celebrities., and news agency's will report anything a celebrity does in order to get that ad revenue. Which is fine if it's a red carpet, but not so good when it's well intended but miss guided information. Even if they know what they are talking about, Celebs typically aren't scientists, they should keep their mouths shut.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks