1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Where's the love for The Changeling (1980)?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by John Kwong, Oct 7, 2009.

1. John Kwong

John Kwong Well-Known Member

One of my favourite scary movies and have had the old HBO snapcase DVD for ages. Anyone hear anything about this being released on blu? It certainly could use the upgrade ....

2. Greg_D_R

Greg_D_R Well-Known Member

Lots of love from me! Nothing like a skillfully crafted, suspenseful chiller, with great actors. Smaller films like this, I fear for their future on high-def, but if something like Vanishing Point can get a blu ray release, anything is possible. Now Miracle Mile on the other hand...

3. Doug Schiller

Doug Schiller Well-Known Member

I want MY 1980 B Horror Movie back!!!

4. bob kaplan

bob kaplan Well-Known Member

bob kaplan
    Really good movie!!! Would like to see it on Blu...done with a bit or care.

5. johnSM

johnSM Well-Known Member

Thought I'd give this all too brief thread a bump! Watched the DVD of this only a few weeks ago and was again reminded of what a masterful piece of suspense/horror film making this is. Utterly superb acting from George C. Scott (would we expect anything less from him?!), great direction, atmosphere, locations, soundtrack, story. Pre-CGI (not a fan of the over-reliance on this tool these days) no bad language, no annoying teens, 'trendy' shaky-cam, no blood and gore. Just a fantastic story and a very tight script! If only we had more films like this these days (though Woman In Black was a recent stand-out). Would love to see this given the Criterion bluray treatment - what are the chances I wonder..... - John

6. Tino

Tino Premium
    Supporter

Valentino
    Excellent film.....a classic. Can't wait for the blu.

7. Guest

The only film that scared me so much (as an adult) that I ended up giving the dvd to my sister!

8. Guest

The only film that scared me so much (as an adult) that I ended up giving the dvd to my sister!

9. Dick

Dick Well-Known Member

Rick
    There's plenty of love for this film out here, there just ain't no Blu-ray! Who owns this title now? It was on the HBO label.

10. bob kaplan

bob kaplan Well-Known Member

bob kaplan
    great movie....i would most certainly welcome a blu!!

11. Ethan Riley

Ethan Riley Well-Known Member

It scared Eric so much that he posted it twice! The Changeling: First day purchase. I wonder if Twilight can get their hands on this one...seems right up their alley.

12. Mark Edward Heuck

Mark Edward Heuck Well-Known Member

THE CHANGELING, like THE SILENT PARTNER, were both early Mario Kassar/Andrew Vajna productions for what became Carolco. HBO initially had rights to both for video (the first Vestron releases came through their overall deal with HBO at their inception), but since PARTNER has reverted back to StudioCanal, I suspect THE CHANGELING is theirs as well. In other words, chances are not very good for any release, standard def or Blu-Ray. :(

13. Dick

Dick Well-Known Member

Rick
    Although we did at least get a pretty decent DVD of SILENT PARTNER a couple of years ago from Lion's Gate, which does have rights to Studio Canal catalog titles. For a time, Lion's Gate was churning out lots of inexpensive DVD's (mostly Mirimax), but they've slowed way down, like MGM has.