What's new

Where's the Jack Ryan Remaster's reviews? (1 Viewer)

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
I too sold my copies of the previous releases (CAPD and Patriot as I never did buy HFRO) and am looking forward to seeing these with an anamorphic transfer and DTS. Since I got one of them for free from buy.com way back when, and used a coupon from Reel.com way back when, I ended up making money off them :) Even if the picture quality isn't up to par with most newer releases, and improvement is an improvement. It's times like these that I'm glad I decided my new TV should have a 16x9 squeeze mode ;)

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
DVDFile also posted their Patriot games review. I don't imagine the video is gonna be a problem judging from their review.

MTrotter

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Marc
I also was disappointed in the new HFRO image. I never had the first DVD, only the LD, but expected the SE picture quality to be lots better than the LD. It is better, but seems really soft to me, and colors muted. As has been stated, maybe that's the way the movie was made.

As for the audio, I think the DTS is more coherent and involving than the DD. Dialog is easier to pick up out of scenes with a lot of audio effects going on.

MTrotter

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Marc
I also just watched the SE of Patriot Games, which I thought also seemed soft. The trailer is much sharper with way more vibrant colors. Again, though, maybe the original DVD was boosted up.

The DTS audio is superb, however.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks