What's new

Where to cable? (1 Viewer)

MarkWC

Stunt Coordinator
Okay, I now have the nice receiver, dvd, elite TV, and am about to order paradigm studio speakers. I don't want to skip on cables.

Bettercables are obviously the sponser and highly recommended but are too expensive since I need many sets.

What are the better middle priced cables. Monster is too over priced and I am finding it difficult to find AR Pro series on line.

Thanks

Bill Kane

Screenwriter
Last I looked, www.accessories4less.com and www.partsexpress.com carried AR Pro Series. Acc4less currently has 12-AR Pro components for $33, nearly half price.

Partsexpress may even meet most of yr needs: banana plugs for the speakers and rcvr binding posts like the Dayton Part 091-1165; a 100-ft roll of SoundKing 12gauge spkr wire for all around. (You just may want to take a pass on biwiring the Paradigms: I found no discernible difference.)

Yes, bluejeans Component video cables (DVD to tv) in yr custom length from Belden 1694a/Canare plugs wud be a solid choice, too.

MarkWC

Stunt Coordinator
I have just read up on Blue Jean Cables and found their pricing to be extremely attractive for the quality.

Would I degrade the signal by using two svideo cables to play through the receiver for sat? The receiver does have an upconversion to svideo so it would act as the monitor out for sat, cable, and vcr. I would utilize prog scan via component directly to the tv.

Thx

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks