What's new

Where is the crimson skies (Xbox) review? (1 Viewer)

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
hey gary glad to see you got the game. send me a friend invite again and ill invite ya when i see ya on

capt

Derrik Draven

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
Is there any way to target a specific enemy? The lock on feature is useless to me if I can't specify which enemy I wish to lock onto! :frowning:

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
lock on locks you on to the nearest enemy so you can see where they are and turn in there direction. The rest of skill of flying pretty much

capt

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Yeah the game saves at the checkpoints in single player. Ive played the first two areas of the single player and im really enjoying it. Finally a game with good single and multiplayer modes

capt

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Whenever "Checkpoint" flashes on the screen the game is saving.
Steven, I think know what you are asking. If I'm partially through a level and stop playing after passing a checkpoint, the next time I start playing, I'm right back at the begining of the level. Unless I'm doing something wrong, I think the game only saves your progress when you successfully complete a level.

Ken Holmes

Stunt Coordinator
Just picked up this game and espn basketball at the TRU 3 for 2 sale so look for me online!

Ken H

Steven Simon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steven Simon
Gary,

I think that's the case.... I got pretty far into a level, and it started me back at the begining :frowning:

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Gary Cianciosi, I just picked up this game too and played it a bit, I think you may be right, unless there is a bug? I was doing the first mission where you have to do a couple of tasks in Sea Haven to find the pilot of the Pandora, I did a couple of the tasks like protecting the German professor guy, the fuel bombing and part of the race and the screen would flash "checkpoint saved" but I was doing horribly in the race and wanted to restart so I clicked Abort and I seemed to have to redo the whole thing over... Like it thought I wanted to abort the whole mission and not just from the last checkpoint (ala HALO).

The manual mentions nothing of the sort.

I also have a question:

In the plane description, the manual is sorely lacking a brief description of the characteristics, one can make an educated guess though:

The Shield: Armor of the plane
The two right arrows: Would this be the agility? or Speed?
The lit fuse or rocket: Would this be firepower?

Manual mentions nothing.

So far, finding it alot easier for me to use the AA guns when possible, I'm still trying to get a hang of the situational awareness when flying, hard to figure out who's who and where they are. (I've played Falcon 3.0 on the PC and their system with the padlock view is unique but good once you get the hang of it).

Jay

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
To save, you have to go back to the pandora (home). You can do this by flying back to it, or just hitting start and selecting it. However there are a few instances where you have a sequence of events that are done in order, and have the "checkpoint saved" point show up. You must complete all of those before you can save again.

Excellent game!!

For single player I'm at the windy city fighting the final boss. For multiplayer on Live, no lag what so ever. Few maps, which will hopefully be supplimented with future downloads, but some great gameplay.

John Doran

Screenwriter
i just picked this up yesterday....

man, what a gorgeous game - just like flying around looking at the scenery...

as for the game itself, while it's taking me a little while to get used to the controls (i'm not used to flying games) and the camera (i have to compensate for the horizon spinning around when i'm pulling dives and climbs in a dogfight), it's getting much more intuitive as i go.

i find the secondary weapons (magnetic rockets on the devastator and regular rockets in the seaplane) to be all but useless against enemy planes (probably because i suck at using them).

also, is it just me, or is it pretty hard to accumulate a significant amount of cash? i played for a couple of hours and ended up with only about $800 more than when i started...

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
The secondary weapons (this from anther new CS player) are kind of hard to use against other planes unless they are heading right for you or are those little mini-gyros. I just upgraded the Dauphin and it's great. It's got a ton of shields and is slow enough that I'm not crashing into the walls and stuff and easier to get a bead on dogfighting.

As far as money, check out those fluffy zeppelins flying around ;)

Jay

John Doran

Screenwriter
As far as money, check out those fluffy zeppelins flying around
really? what do you mean? just go blow them away or something?

also, how do you get new planes to choose when you're in the pandora? so far i've flown the seaplane and there's that smaller white plane i stole once in sea-haven - in order to have them in the pandora's hangar when i go back there to upgrade and stuff, what do i have to do? the only plane i have to choose from is the devastator....

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Sorry John, I can't answer your plane question, I have only two planes there too, the devastator and the sea plane (Dauphin) that we get from that French guy.

Just for fun, I blew up a neutral zeppelin flying around in the Arixo mines when you're looking for a Titanium mine and a whole ton of money came out that I went and picked up... I think it may be bad if you start blowing up every zep. in the sky but what's one zepellin amoungst many. And we are pirates, ya know, it's what we do. :) Arrrgggghhh

Jay

Frederick

Second Unit
I love this game!

When dogfighting, I don't use the mag rockets unless I'm right behind them and we're flying in a straight line, or they're headed right for me. That's a fast way to take out a plane: a few rounds from the machine guns followed by a rocket when you're playing chicken with them :D. Also remember to try and "lead" your shots. If you're turning, shoot just ahead of them so that they fly into your fire.

The rockets are good for taking down zeps and gun towers. But I've found myself landing and using the AA guns whenever I can. Haven't played Live yet. I'm having too much fun playing single-player right now.

Freddy C.

Dave W

Stunt Coordinator
Agree with all the comments so far on this one. GREAT game - and I'm only on the 3rd level :) Gorgeous graphics, fun to play and I like the fact that you can fly around "between" missions and just look at stuff or collect those tokens... Sweeeet game

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
Finished single player last night. Great fun later on in the game.

John,
You are a sky pirate so just start blowing up those zepplins and steal their cash as it falls. You won't get punished so blow up every single one you see.:D Once you get to Chicago you will actually find other pirates in the sky that will confront you if you get into their territory, or just hunt you down. And if you blow up the police zepplins you will face the conciquences.

You get more planes as you go through the missions. Sometimes new planes are just sitting on a runway and as soon as you switch planes it will end up in your pandora for the rest of the game.

Out of all the planes I still find the Devastator to be the best. The homing rockets become very useful in later levels, and are perfect in dogfights on Live. The bulldog also has some good advantages on Live. It is fast, and you can turbo right up to someone and hit your shotgun blast to take them out in one or two shots.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks