What's new

Where is SUPERMAN AND THE MOLE MEN on the ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN DVD? (1 Viewer)

Mario Gauci

Senior HTF Member
I've just acquired Warners' 5-Disc Set of the 1st Season of the ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN TV series of the 1950s starring George Reeves.

Browsing some of the reviews for this set, it's supposed to include the 1951 pilot film for the series SUPERMAN AND THE MOLE MEN - but, having checked out all the supplements on the 5 discs, it's nowhere to be found! I know that the film - renamed "The Unknown People" - was eventually split into two parts and broadcast at the tail-end of the 1st Season, but all the reviews mention that the film proper is an extra on the set (and not merely included as part of the series). Have I got a rough deal - can someone indicate where the feature film is to be found on the set?

Ultimately, it's not that much of a problem as I do intend to pick up eventually Warner's Box Set of the Christopher Reeve SUPERMAN films - where SUPERMAN AND THE MOLE MEN is also included as a bonus feature...

Steven_J_H

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steven
That's exactly where it is. Disc 5 only has the last 2 episodes of season 1 (Eps. 25 & 26, ironically "The Unknown People" Parts 1 & 2) and Special Features. The features are "The Adventures of Superman: From Inkwell to Backlot" and "Superman and the Mole Men".

Mario Gauci

Senior HTF Member
Rats...it seems that I've gotten hold of the Region 2 edition of the series and, as often happens over there, some of the supplements just evaporate! Maybe they get lost while crossing the channel...:frowning:!

Anyway, thanks to those who replied.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks