What's new

Where is Robin Hood? (1 Viewer)

Phil Iturralde

Screenwriter
I'm pretty sure that Steve is talking about the dust kicked up by the horses, duels in Sherwood Forest / Castle, etc., & possibly in the cartoon scenes, ... all caught in the master film.

SD DVDs can't resolved those minute particles because of their inherent limited resolution vs.pixel count - so, here's a case where a 1080p display can shine vs. 720p display.

Phil

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill

Actually, I am talking about microscopic specs of white dust particles evident on the frame, jiggling about on the solid backgrounds. Quite entrancing, not overly-obtrusive, but there all the same.

- Steve

Gabe D

Senior HTF Member
I got an e-mail from Amazon this morning, which said that there is a delay with some items in my order. So I checked the status of my order:

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas shipped on Monday (I got it on Tuesday).
Terminator 3 is shipping soon and cannot be canceled from this order.
The Adventures of Robin Hood is now estimated to ship between September 26 and October 12. :frowning:

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris

Precisely.

After processing, the magenta record would be printed to deliver a daily. In addition one shot might be printed in color as a confirmation.

After assembledge of the neg, masters would be produced, followed by matrices, which would be generally no more than two to three runs of the Onegs at time of release.

As 16mm were produced on Kodachrome, there was generally no additional run at that time, unless an add'l set of matrices was prepared for UK.

The Onegs would be re-visited for re-issues, possibly for a second set of masters on safety stock, if prepared in the '50s.

One more run for 16mm matrices in the '60s.

In addition to this, possibly a CRI for '70s printing, and an IP at some point thereafter.

As a total, I would think that the Onegs would have received fewer than a dozen runs through the optical printers, and all originally handled by Technicolor, which took extremely good care of elements.

As a comparison, Rear Window's Oneg was run over 300 times; Lawrence of Arabia approximately 225 times, inclusive of pick-ups for head and tail replacement sections.

RAH

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
My review copy finally showed up last night, and I whipped out a review that should be live early next week, I hope. It's as good as everyone says, no surprise there.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks