What's new

Where Is New Line Cinema? - Merged, also see post #72 (1 Viewer)

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
From that list the only thing that are a must buy, the LotR trilogy but that must be the EE's I won't buy the theatricals, nothing else though. Maybe a rental on the Blade films. But wow, they have a very weak library.

Adam Barratt

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Additional titles not shown on the earlier list (many of which I would be interested in):

Pleasantville
Dark City
Pump Up the Volume
Butterfly Effect
15 Minutes
Frequency
Blast From the Past
Thirteen Days
Boiler Room
The Long Kiss Goodnight
The Cell
The Astronaut's Wife
Blink
Boiler Room
In the Mouth of Madness
Last Man Standing
Shine

Adam

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
Okay from both of those lists

Must owns
  • The Lord of the Rings film trilogy (Extended cuts)
  • Dark City
  • Se7en
  • Blade

Would also probably pick up
  • The Hidden
  • The Mask
  • A Nightmare on Elm Street
  • In the Mouth of Madness

That's about it for me.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Is Ace Ventura a NL or Warner?

Also, looks like parts of Europe are getting a Blu-ray of Pan's Labyrinth (I think the French HD DVD was just released too)...so this MIGHT mean we'll see both formats getting a US release sometime b4 the Rapture? :)

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann
I have the French HD DVD on order :) but it has not arrived yet:frowning: .

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
Never thought that they are small enough to farm out their international distribution rights. Knowing New Line's SD work, hopefully they will take advantage of the 50 gigs and higher bandwidth - looking forward to Pan's Labyrinth. Maybe there will be a BD-J/HDi "bottleface" game.

I never thought I'd say this, but I can now see an advantage to Blu's region coding.

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
How ironic is that. :D

So they're still set on just releasing Hairspray this year? nothing else? meh.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
Jim,
It's a bit early but it's speculated we'll see Rush Hour 3.

It's rather ironic that BD is getting New Line releases while HD isn't due to something HD has(and considers an advantage).

New Line really does float their own boat.

I wonder what the outrage would be if LOTR was held up because of region coding?

ReggieW

Screenwriter

My understanding is that this will apply to day/date releases only which have yet to be released overseas. There is no reason to adopt this policy for older releases of titles already widely available in other territories. I would expect LOTR, Pan's Labyrinth, etc, to be released along with their SD-DVD/BD counterparts.

I still see a lack of region coding as an advantage to movie enthusiasts everywhere. I do not support it on SD-DVD, BD or HD-DVD.

It's time for region-coding to go the way of the dinosaur.

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member

Well that's better I suppose but I'm not interested in Rush Hour 3 ;) and for me they missed the boat with Pan's Labyrinth. It would've been a blind-buy but having seen it since while I liked it I just don't have a huge desire to add it to my collection.

As for the no region coding thing there's definitely a downside for consumers, as long as studio's stagger theatrical releases worldwide certain studios will want region coding for the obvious reason and if it can't be done then they'll delay the home video release.

I suspect that the fact that Death Proof and Planet Terror are opening up in theaters this fall in the UK, Australia, Japan, etc is the reason why there's no HD release as they're unable to region code on that format.

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
I never thought region coding would be an issue for New Line. The one studio I really thought it would affect would be Criterion. Since they license so much product from international distributors, many of those companies are reluctant to be in a situation where they are competing with Criterion.

As for New Line, I can't wait for Magnolia!

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
I'll be very happy if Pan's Labyrinth is released before the end of the year.
I rented it out when it streeted, and am ready to see it again...especially in HD. The sd dvd was impressive on its own, so I expect this to be a knockout.

Dark City and The New World would be my next most wanted New Line releases, followed closely by The Sweet Hereafter (not expecting to see that one anytime soon though).

I can wait a while for the Rings movies, and probably will have to since I only want the EEs.

EricKA

Stunt Coordinator
If New Line is reading this,

I want the 3 ORIGINAL NINJA TURTLE LIVE ACTION MOVIES, The LORD OF THE RINGS TRILOGY(EXTENDED VERSIONS), AND THE RUSH HOUR TRILOGY ON BD, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!
htf_images_smilies_rock.gif

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
You know, if they can't sell a ticket to someone who is enthusiastic enough about the movie to be willing to pay the freight to import something that may not even be in their native language, then either the distributors or exhibitors need to re-examine their business practices somehow.

Averry

Second Unit
Real Name
Andrew
I really hope shoot em' up comes out.

It's over top, goofy, and I really liked it.

I'd definately buy it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks