What's new

Where is Lawrence of Arabia? Anyone Know? (1 Viewer)

Cinescott

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott
This title's been on my wish list since the advent of Blu-Ray. I remember seeing it on the preview promos for other Columbia titles as far back as 2007, but still no Lawrence? What gives? One of the best movies of all time and my personal favorite.

LOA went through a massive restoration in the late 80s, so why no hi def version?

GMpasqua

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
2012 is the 50th Anniversary of "Lawrence of Arabia"

Sony is probably going to issue a deluxe box set to capitalize on this. "Lawrence" is one of their highest rated films and among their top ten classics (if not number one)

I wouldn't expect it any time before 2012 (unless Sony decides to release it in December to get a jump start on the whole 50th Anniversary year - which they might do - unlike the Ben Hur box set celebrating it's 50th)

Of course, they could end up (like WB and Ben Hur) and release it two years late

kenNew

Stunt Coordinator
At my age I shouldn't be wishing my life away but I hope the next six months passes quickly. Can't wait for this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks