What's new

Where is 'HARRY AND THE HENDERSONS' on dvd? (1 Viewer)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I've been waiting for this film forever on dvd, but it's still nowhere to be found. My favorite performance by Kevin Peter Hall next to the Predator.

IMO it's time to give Harry his due.

Who's with me? :)

John Gido

Second Unit
My youngest daughter's favorite film from the 80's. She is now 21 years old! We've worn out 2 VHS copies taped from HBO already.

We need Harry soon!

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I don't even consider the film cheesy, it's just a warm and sentimental story.

The last time I saw the film, about 3 years ago, I cried openly and intensley when George told Harry to leave at the end.

See, there were circumstances that my family and I were going through at that time, and that scene had something in it that got to me...hard. We were being evicted from our apartment in two days and I had not been able to find a place to keep my cat and I thought that I was going to lose him and never see him again.

In that scene, Harry had become my cat in my mind's eye.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Include me among the confused. This movie was a pretty solid hit for Universal, so it's odd that the film's never been mentioned for a DVD release.

Maybe they're waiting for some sort of tie-in theatrical release. ;)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I'm confused too, Scott, as to why this wonderful film isn't garnering more support here in the forum either. :confused: I hope that my story didn't put anyone off, I just felt compelled to share.

Where's the love for Harry? ;)

John*P

Second Unit
I'm also baffled as to why this isn't on DVD yet. I want it yesterday, along with The Wizard with Fred Savage.

MarcusUdeh

Supporting Actor
Childhood classic for which I have fond memories of repeating such lines as “Nip it in the butt”. May be Universal has yet to produce a Hi-Def master for either DVD or HD-DVD.

PaulaJ

Supporting Actor
I was well into adulthood when this was released -- and I absolutely loved it. I still love it. I treasure my laser disc. But I'd love to see it on DVD.

With a proper anamorphic transfer of course. No full frame because it's a "kiddie film"!

Curtis Lotter

Stunt Coordinator
Agreed.

I've even had it as a wish list on my tivo for the past 9 months. I'm amazed that it has never recorded! Surely somewhere, somehow, somechannel, it's been on...??

Jeff Adams

Screenwriter
Put me down as a strong supporter. I loved this movie when I was a kid and have not seen it in years. Now that I have kids I am sure they would love to see it too. I hope this one makes it to dvd in the near future. It's funny I ran into this thread because I have made it a mission to buy dvd movies that I loved as a kid but have not seen in years.

I'll tell the little story that has prompted me to do this. I got the Disney DVD Scene It game for Christmas and my family and I played it that night. Anyway a scene from the movie The Journey Of Natty Gann was shown and it just brought back so many memories. I loved that movie when I was a kid but haven't even thought about it in years. I went out and bought it the next day. My kids loved it.

Anyway once again lets get Harry to dvd!

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
Let's get Harry!

I'd like to have Natty Gann too, but I see it's 4:3. Damn. Gotta love this synopsis though:

"Set in Chicago during the Great Depression, this inspirational story is about a young girl's search for her father after he is forced to suddenly travel west to take on a job. Along the way, she is befriended by a young drifter with whom she develops a romantic attachment."

Doesn't even mention the wolf!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation233
Recent bookmarks