What's new

Where is CSS 4" XBL^2 driver? (1 Viewer)

Bob Reimer

Agent
Picked up 4 samples today, 2 shielded, 2 unshielded. Look the same as the earlier units. XBL^2 implementation is now correct and there seems to ba an improvement on the high end (but at my age, who can tell?).
I've asked Al to design and build a couple of MTMs with an OEM ribbon I'm evaluating for the 17th so we can test them both full range and with a tweeter.
We may also be able to compare them to the Jordan JX92S in a "Criterion" sized cabinet.

Bob

TimForman

Supporting Actor
We're at the 60+ mark for attendees. Still time to sign-up for those that want to come take a look.

AllanRW

Second Unit

OK you all here is the photo of the 2
Yes other cabinets,Criterions,Jordan,And Jordan and new ribbon.

Al

Scott Simonian

Screenwriter
Mmmmmm.

htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

Hank Frankenberg

Senior HTF Member
Bob, at CES you said you'd get Dan to send me a 10". Next month would be good for makin' MDF dust;)
Wish I could be there for the "meet".

JohanD

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the picture :) Do post some of the event when done for those of us who can't go. It would be greatly appreciated.. thanks!

Bryan Michael

Supporting Actor
are the Criterionsgoing to br retro fited with the new xbl woofers? i am realey thinking of diy a 7.1 set if the Diluceo

Bob Reimer

Agent
When the Extremis 6 becomes available then that sort of scenerio would be possible though it wouldn't be a Diluceo. (DIY Cable/Exodus Audio showed an early prototype at the Adire room at CES.) A number of different impedance versions of the Extremis 6 design are in the works; some will be Adire and some OEM, so you're just going to have to wait.
New tweeters are also under evaluation and design as well as possible 3" drivers with XBL^2. Stay tuned.
There will be more info available after Saturday and into the next few months.

Bob

AllanRW

Second Unit
No they are not going XBL.
I am just building cabinets for the Criterions and Diluceos.
As well as athe jordan and new MT using the new ribbon and the Jordan as well.

A few drivers will be coming out with XBL via CSS , ADIRE but they have nothing to do with any of the designs Danny of GR has now.(CRITERION ,DILUCEO)Danny has his own M130 driver and the Eton.

Al

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks