What's new

Where is CSS 4" XBL^2 driver? (1 Viewer)

Rory Buszka

Supporting Actor
How long until we get to hear about this little marvel? I've heard some exceptional things from people who have seen this driver, but I have yet to see a picture.

AllanRW

Second Unit

Ok here you go .
First test cabinet shot of the 4" driver with XBL.

The driver really is getting reworked as of CES.
This uses a stamped frame.
Cast round frame is being used in the next proto type.
Different soft parts as well.
So as you see these today they will never be made.
As far as I know.

Anyway after tests were done on the cabinet yes ported in the rear another was made then both re painted to a finish that was seen at CES.

Al

AllanRW

Second Unit
Thanks for the kind words.
A few brad holes and a small touch up and these were 100% ready for CEs.
But in all like I had said in other posts .I painted them over Veneer for a few reasons.
Easy to due , durable to pack back and forth from Canada to Seattle.(to visit Dan at Adire)
And once at CES.
The cabinet was not a issue(look at those pretty cabinet).If people like the sound it was for the driver not the cabinet work.
And it showed.
Bob could have sold 2000 driver to 2 OEM on that day if they were made.

The distortion of this 4" is so low makes a driver like this out place drivers 6-8 times its cost in sound quality.
Just wait till the finished one arrives.They are worth the wait.

Al

Scott Simonian

Screenwriter
Any idea on how much one of these will cost? I couldn't picture a single one being cheaper than $80. The subject about price may still be in the air, I understand. A small array of these would be fun. :)

AllanRW

Second Unit
Not sure at this time as still the finished driver is in proto type stage.
But I would think it will be up in that range anyway.

Al

Bob Reimer

Agent
I'm really excited about this product and so are others who either heard it at CES or have heard about it. Al's handiwork on the cabinets was appreciated. Dan tried to get it tested by Dr Klippel but there wasn't time because of tear down. There have been offers to buy the prototypes and at least one OEM possibility has presented itself.

As far as price is concerned think half of what I sell the Jordan JX92S for and you're in the ballpark.

My inherited impatience really shows here and I wish I could take orders tomorrow but driver development takes time and so we all have to wait.

Regards
Bob

Bob Reimer

Agent
The next round of prototypes are being tested this week. If you can attend the NW Washington DIY event on the 17th at Adire you can hear them.

Bob Reimer

AllanRW

Second Unit
Time frame as I can say for Bob is still a few months away yet.
After these are checked we may get the green light.
I hope to have one in my hand tomorrow.As Bob is off to see Dan and talk about the new samples and I will be on the saw again building the next proto type cabinet for these.Should have one built by the time he arrives back with it in hand.
So those at the DIY event can listened to them.
And lets hope all is fine with them.
:emoji_thumbsup:

Al
Good things take time:D

I have a feeling I'm going to be building an enclosure for the one's we have this week as well.

Also, we got the Parthanon in this week and will have that set up for you guys to see.

Steven Kephart
Adire Audio

Dan_Gtp

Grip
Pictures and reviews/comments from this DIY meet would be so very appreciated by many of us. So any with the luck of attending this meet, it would be super if you could spread the love :) Thanks for sharing some info Alan, Bob, and Steven.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation966
Recent bookmarks