What's new

Where in the world is The Monster Squad? (1 Viewer)

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
I remember this movie vividly from my childhood (okay, I'm lying, I can't remember a damn thing, my tape copy has disappeared, and I'm getting real mad). Anyway, who in the world has the rights to this movie? I can't even find this movie on VHS for God's sake!!! Does anybody else know about this movie?
------------------
"I don't know, Marge. Trying is the first step towards failure." - Homer J. Simpson

Wes Ray

Supporting Actor
I think Columbia/Tri-Star still has it, but I could be wrong. If they don't, I hope Anchor Bay will try to pick this one up and release it as a special edition along the lines of the current Goonies one by Warner Bros.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Well, we just got The Goonies (Kids on a pirate adventure) and soon we'll be getting The Sandlot (Kids on a baseball kick).
Surely the 'Kids on a Monster Adventure' can't be too far behind.
Get with it, you silly movie studios. Don't you realize that catering to people in their late 20's and early 30's will make you RICH?
Yes, I will buy The Monster Squad when it eventually makes its DVD debut.
------------------
Scott
Check out my Movie Reviews at Epinions. Help support my debilitating DVD addiction!
AOL IM: TheAngryJew29

Ricky f

Supporting Actor
I am over the moon and beyond about The Sandlot being released next year on DVD, I wish The Sandlot was being released for christmas, but I am not complaining.
The Monster squad is another movie I would love to see on DVD.
I hope it will be released sooner or later.
Regards,
Ricky
------------------
Please help convince Warner to release Stephen King's IT On DVD
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/uub/...ML/003344.html

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Oh man, I should be ashamed of myself, I completly forgot about this film I loved so much from my teen years! When and if they release this on dvd, i'm all over it!
It had THE best batch of monsters this side of Transylvania!
"Give me the ammulate you Bitch!" To a five year old! Priceless stuff!
------------------
So madly in love with Estella Warren!

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
Vestron released the VHS, but the film was released by Tri-Star in theaters, so......
1) Either Artisan owns the DVD rights.
2) Tri-Star owns the DVD rights.
3) Somebody else owns the DVD rights.
Since Vestron released it on video, I'm pretty sure Artisan owns the DVD rights.
------------------
mynewsig.jpg

Link Removed - DVD Reviewer
Link Removed / AOL IM: MrMatthew / ICQ: 96444542
"I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class. Especially since I rule."

Wes Ray

Supporting Actor
Matthew: Are you sure it was released on video by Vestron? Seems like I remember the New World Video logo on the screen as well as on the sticker label on the videotape. Either way, I guess we still don't know who owns it. If it is Vestron, it'd be MGM because they have Last House on the Left, which was a Vestron release.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
Wolfman's got nards!
:)
cheers!
josh
[Edited last by Josh Dial on August 30, 2001 at 02:13 AM]

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
I just looked up some stuff. Apparently, Tristar was both the distributor and produciton company. I wonder if Columbia/Tristar will do a special edition. Since they're one of the best companies out there, I hope they do.
------------------
"I don't know, Marge. Trying is the first step towards failure." - Homer J. Simpson
http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mycollect...me%20Vongvises

Geoffrey_A

Second Unit
Man, the monster squad was the first movie I ever saw in Letterbox back when I was a kid. To this day I still wonder why this movie was released widescreen. Granted, it's been so long since I've seen the movie that I can't remember if it was one of those widescreen opening/closing deals or widescreen all the way through. Anyone remember?
------------------
Geoff
Now with Kung-Fu grip and realistic facial hair!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks