What's new

Directors Where have all the screen cap tourneys gone? (1 Viewer)

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
Weird. Don't remember that Austin Powers shot at all (maybe I missed it when I had to relieve my bladder ;) ) so I guessed Goldmember because it was the one AP film I haven't seen.

Krull had me completely stumped. It's probably been about twenty years since I've seen it.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Ahhhhh.........my screen-shot fix......but.....I feel the cine'monkey climbing on my back again......uh oh.....;)

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
I'm getting a screenshot contest ready, but all of my old ones have been deleted, and I can't remember how to set up the image so that when you click on it, it sends me a private message. Does anyone know how to do that? Thanks.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
The rumors of my demise are greatly exaggerated.

Actually I’ve been busy down here south of the border, helping get our house in order (after renovations that began last February), moving in, unpacking and so forth. For a while, I kept up on the forum via various internet cafes, but as I did not have access to my spreadsheets that I use to track and rank films, I did not have access to a TV that had TCM, IFC and their ilk, my DVD collection was in storage and the difficulty of watching foreign films in English down here, I dropped out for a while.

I’m writing this on my own iMac, sting in my back room, where the finishing touches are about to be put on some cabinets that will house one of my TVs, receiver, speakers, DVDs, CDs, etc. I am now getting some decent movies on TV (watched Pollock via a DVR from IFC yesterday, for example).

I now expect to return as a contributing member of society.

I’m not sure what it would take to rekindle an interest in polls, but I don’t agree that the tourneys killed off participation. If anything, they probably helped to draw in more members.

I’ll join in on any (well, almost any) bit or fun in this area.

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
Since I've only seen half the movies, that explains why I only recognized 4 of the shots.

Welcome back Lew!!! Good to hear all is well.

South of the border, down Mexico way.
That's where I fell in love where stars above, came out to play.
And now as I wonder, my thoughts ever stray.

She was a picture, in old spanish ways.
Just for a tender while I kissed the smile, upon her face.
For it was fiesta, and love had it's day.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
Mexicali Rose, stop crying,
I’ll come back to you some sunny day.
While I’m away I’ll be pining;
Every hour of the year while I’m away
(far away).

Dry those big brown eyes and smile dear,
Vanish all your tears and please don’t cry;
Kiss me once again and hold me,
Mexicali Rose, goodbye.

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S

That would be great, George -- though I pretty much suck at them!

I enjoyed the drafts we used to have. Had a lot of fun with Vickie's "Great Guys" draft. :)

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Well it looks like no one knows how to set up the pics, so people will just have to respond manually. I should be starting this tomorrow morning, so pass the word to anyone you think might want to play.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks