What's new

Where do I get 12v trigger cables? (1 Viewer)

MWestyn

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Sean
This may sound stupid but I've searched around and can't figure out where I can get cables for the 12 volt DC triggers on my components...anybody know?

MichaelDDD

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
Claude's got it.

You could make your own if you're handy w/a soldering iron, but at that price, it's almost not worth the trouble.

anth_c

Stunt Coordinator
Note that 12 Volt Triggers only require a Mono cable (positive and negative).

Chip E

Screenwriter

Yep. A 12v trigger is simply an 1/8" mini to 1/8" mini. I actually found out the hard way. When i upgraded to seperates i bought two amplifiers. A B&K Ref200.5 & Ref200.2. I wanted to trigger both on with my Ref50 so, i bought a Monster trigger cable from my dealer not realizing i already had some trigger cables that came with a couple Sony pieces i own. Moral is, any old junk trigger cable works perfectly. All you want to be able to do is turn on something.

Claude M

Stunt Coordinator

check the owner's manual of the receiver for that. mine required a stereo jack yet the act 1 russound device it's hooked up to requires just mono. I tried it with the stereo jack and it worked. I figured it passed the smoke test PLUS it works, I'm stopping there :).

MWestyn

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Sean
So even if it "only requires a mono" a stereo will work?

I'm guessing the difference is mono has only one wire and stereo has 2?

Claude M

Stunt Coordinator
the difference is in the 1/8" connector. the mono has 2 contacts, the stereo has 3.

MWestyn

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Sean
Ok, but will a stereo plug work with both a mono and a stereo trigger?

Claude M

Stunt Coordinator
try it, as I said, my pre-amp requires a stereo yet the act 1 required a mono. I used a stereo cable and it worked. I don't know why my pre-amp asks for stereo.

AaronG

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Guys,

What if you need the mini jack on one end and bare wire on the other (Anthem D1 going to Bryston amps)? Are there ready made cables like that?

Thanks,
Aaron

anth_c

Stunt Coordinator
Aaron,

If you require a bare end, just cut the connector off and strip the ends of the wires. This wire is so thin that even a pair of scissors will cut through it.

AaronG

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks anth_c.

Do you know what ga. the wire is? The Bryston needs at least 22ga.

Aaron

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks