What's new

Where can I find inexpensive, contemporary furniture? (1 Viewer)

Khoa Tran

Supporting Actor
the thing about Ikea is that, if you buy one piece of furniture, you're gonna have to buy EVERYTHING from there, i've tried and i ended up giving up ikea and spending more money on quality furniture, rather spend a little more for something that has a bit more style and actually is made out of solid materials. places like said above plummers.com have furniture that can fit into an eclectic collection...but of course if you are not looking into keeping the furniture long then ikea is the place, broken? buy a new one!

Mark Hedges

Second Unit
I bought the following from Ikea 2 years ago, and it is all still in very good shape:

TV stand
Endtables
Bedside tables
Chest of Drawers

As far as I can tell, everything except the TV stand is solid wood.

Note that I did not buy anything that you actually sit on. IMHO you should spend the extra money on things that get a lot of physical punishment like chairs, couch, etc. I didn't do this and as I said before I regret it.

Mark

Adam Bluhm

Supporting Actor
Thanks for all of the information, opinions and suggestions, fellas. I appreciate all the links.

I'll be sure to post pics of my place when it's all finished (once the HT is in place :) ). It may be a while until I get started on this place, but it'll get there.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks