What's new

Where are the Gamecube Broadband adapters? (1 Viewer)

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
Has anyone even seen a Gamecube broadband adapter in the stores yet? I've seen the modem, but not the BBA.

-Dave

Philip_S

Stunt Coordinator
I'd go with planet GC's theory, that Nintendo is short shipping them so people will be inclined to order them from nintendo.com and they can better track the sales

Corey Hancock

Stunt Coordinator
I picked mine up at my local gamestop when I picked up GTA:VC. They said that they had just recieved the BBA's the same day as GTA, but they didn't get many BBA's.

Corey

GlenHaag

Supporting Actor
I know that EB had them the day they came out. The local manager and I are friends, and he called to ask me if I wanted one before they hit the floor.

They sold the few they in the next few days, but I'm not sure they've gotten more since.

I'm playing the waiting game at the moment, but I may just pick one up so I don't have to worry about it later.

Glen

Allen_Appel

Second Unit
I know this is an old thread to bump, but today I saw that Toys R Us had some broadband adapters in stock and I picked one up. But is there any reason for me to keep it? I have no interest in playing PSO. Are there even any rumors about future online games from Nintendo?

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Not really. They don't care about online play. Part of their "How fast can we kill our system" program

GlenHaag

Supporting Actor
Regardless of what Jeff says, Mario Kart will have Lan play as will a few other games in the future.

I'm betting that someone will come up with a "Xbconnect" type solution for the Gamecube, and we'll be able to get some games working over the internet via the Lan Play option within the next 6 months.

Glen

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
The Gameboy to Gamecube link ability is used much more. That speaks volumes, IMO. I'd return it.

-Dave

Brett Hancock

Supporting Actor
Gamespy announced recently that they are developing internet technology for the gamecube and that they are expecting the first online gamecube game bye the end of 2003, someone can dig up the link online, I'm to lazy to.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks