What's new

when will two towers be out on dvd ? (1 Viewer)

rick stein

Stunt Coordinator
hey everyone first time poster long time lurker here. I was just wondering when the two towers[both original and extended versions]was due out on dvd.thanks

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I've now heard August 26th from a few sources, but Brian is right: it's not announced via Warner/New Line yet.

Quint van der Vaart

Second Unit
The Two Towers is being released in June here in Holland.
It was listed as such in a promotion booklet from the Dutch distributor of this movie.
Let's hope it is true :D

rick stein

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks guys i thought i heard august but was wishing for sooner.Oh well good things come to those who wait right

NiklasKarlsson

Stunt Coordinator
I noticed these covers over at The Digital Bits´ Upcoming coverart section. Does anybody know why there is something mentioned about "Best direction" on the cover, PJ wasnt nominated for an oscar so either this must be a typo or some other award.

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
I think those look fake. Especially the extended edition's. They don't even use the right font for "The Two Towers". Also, the first one looks like they just edited the bottom of the poster, and slapped on the widescreen bar from the FOTR DVD. Just my opinion.

Jon Mercer

Second Unit
Didn't we have the official announcement by this time last year???
My 5 year old son wanted me to add this::D

FredK

Second Unit
Adn wasn't the cover for TTT EE supposed to be blue, with RotK being red?

That was my understanding, I was quite surprised when I saw these on the site. They sure do look like temporary art, but then why are they on the DVD cover list?

Shane_M

Stunt Coordinator
I don't think they're final if they are real. They'd probably have *Winner of 2 Academy Awards* on the front of the first release.

Seeing as Jackson wasn't, can't believe it, nominated for Best Director there is no way the first could be final.

Of course I have been wrong before ;)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I forget what it did and did not win, but could it possibly be referring to Golden Globe and/or BAFTA awards? And, could it be for nominations rather than wins?

Having said that, I agree that if these are real at all they are preliminary artwork.

Declan

Second Unit
still................ can August come any sooner. Really want this. But is the UK version not meant to be out june also....... or was that date scrapped for the UK.

Brian W.

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Yeah, I was wondering that, too. The FOTR announcement came I think a day or two after last year's Oscars. Just when is New Line going to announce it? :angry:

Shane_M

Stunt Coordinator
Jackson wasn't nominated for the Oscars and Scorcese won @ the Golden Globes.

LOTR: TTT won two Oscars: One for Sound Editing and the other for Visual Effects.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see. No point speculating is there?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks