What's new

When will Robinson Crusoe On Mars be released? (1 Viewer)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the heads up and link to Criterion. I like the artwork chosen for the cover. I can retire my Criterion LD.

If it's an HD digital transfer, then it's ready for one of the HD formats, right? This looks to be an SD release. Not that it matters, I don't have either HD format yet.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
well HELL YEAH!! Took long enough but I'm SO glad that Criterion got it back! :emoji_thumbsup:
htf_images_smilies_dance.gif

GlennWD

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Glenn DelRossi
The cover art is absolutely stunning! I am so excited for this release.

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the info. I've been waiting a long TIME for this title! It will be in my greedy hands ASAP! I actually prefer the cover art from the Laserdisc.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
A few years back they showed a restruck print at the Egyptian Theatre in Hollywood, and it looked great!

Both Mantee and Lunden signed my LD cover.

Why can't Criterion just put the darn thing out in high def, doesn't matter which one, just do it.

I'm getting tired of this double dipping and I sure as help am not going to triple dip for this one...you have to take a stand!!!

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Funny, just the other day I was scanning through the great web site http://www.ClassicSciFi.com and saw the trailer for RCOM and many other old films and couldn't believe how many of them have never been released on DVD. Very glad to hear RCOM is coming soon, and I will certainly pick it up.

BTW, if you haven't seen ClassicSciFi.com you owe it to yourself to check it out. Great site, with trailers for just about every science fiction movie (and those from related genres) for the past 100 years.

Ed St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
WoW
I didn't think it could be worth the wait, yet w/CC on board, those ten years will have seemed to fly by!
Thanks for the update!
Hope CC makes a mint off of this, showing once again the BIG BOYS how to do it.
This is indeed a HiDef transfer (4K), however there is no way I'm waiting another decade for this on HD Disc! ;-)

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Anyone out there counting down the "launch" date? :) T-minus 5 days & counting....all systems "Go". Launch Status "Green" Commander "Kit" Draper says "Roger That....Stand By for Phase 3 Pre-Launch Checks"
htf_images_smilies_drum.gif

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Thanks for the Classic Sci Fi link. I had this preordered having never seen it before, but after viewing the trailer I've decided to pass on it for now.

Jonathan Peterson

Second Unit
Real Name
Jonathan Peterson
Yes, I cannot wait for this. I have had it on order since it was first available on Amazon. Next week can't come soon enough.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
I had this preordered having never seen it before, but after viewing the trailer I've decided to pass on it for now.
Because I anticipate feeling more than a little pinched Q4 with all the DVD and HD releases, blind buys are going to be cut back severely for me.
This was one I was all set to order too- but now I think I will just Netflix it first, then if I like it enough, bide my time for the right sale price at some point.

I do look forward to seeing it at least though, having heard a lot of passionate buzz about it down thru the years from fans.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
I suppose if you've never seen the film before it can look a little underwhelming. I've always been a fan, it's a nostalgic favorite, a well above average slice of sci-fi for it's time and hopefully I'll have the DVD here by the end of next week, can't wait. :)

Jonathan Peterson

Second Unit
Real Name
Jonathan Peterson
I agree with Steve. It was a film that I used to see all the time on the Saturday afternoon sci-fi movie when I was a kid. They would show War of the Worlds, When Worlds Collide, Forbidden Planet, etc. Like those movies I feel RCOM holds up really well today. I would highly recommend you rent it, I think you will like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks