What's new

When Will Are You Afraid of the Dark come to DVD? (1 Viewer)

Jim Beaver

Supporting Actor
Ron had said that sometimes Martin Blythe stops in so I thought this was as good of time as ever to post this.

I love Are You Afraid of the Dark it was one of my favourite shows as a kid and when I was able to tape it a few years on Family Channel it brought back so many memories and I relixed I still love the show as much as i did as a kid. So when is it coming on DVD? This show seriously ruled I'd really love to have it in my collection of TV Shows on DVD.

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
A good anthology series, especially for one targeted at kids. Not too many Nickelodeon shows are on DVD. The ones that are on DVD are basically still airing and tend to be the animated shows (SpongeBob, Rugrats, Fairly OddParents, etc.)

Maybe we'll see a big wave of classic Nick shows like this one, Salute Your Shorts, Hey Dude, and Clarissa Explains It All on DVD in the future. I'm not holding my breath though.

Jim Beaver

Supporting Actor
I never ever saw Salute Your Shorts, Hey Dude, Clariisa or Pete & Pete in Canada as we don't have Nickelodeon.

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
I would like to see this series come out too. Not only am I a huge horror fan... my 8yr old daughter is following in my footsteps. So this is one show that we could definitely enjoy together.

I already bought her the one disc of Eerie Indiana that is out... another one I would like seen released... that we both could enjoy together... would be Goosebumps. I have been waiting for a Goosebumps release since my daughter first started to watch the series and read the books.

Jim Beaver

Supporting Actor
Pete Eerie is out but it isn't It's very odd. Eerie Indiana: The Complete Series was supposed to be released this month but then it was stopped and said it was postponed. It's really frustrating. Gord or Dave can you you more I think. They said it was looked into.

I'd like Goosebumps too. It was my fav book series growing up. My favourite episodes are the Karlsville Trillogy that is such a cool story.

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
that is weird about the Eerie Indiana set! I hope it eventually comes out.

I seen several but far from all the goosebumps. so I am not familiar with that one. but would love to see them get a release. It would make a wonderful suprise for my little girl! :)

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Eerie, Indiana: The Complete Series will be released, they just don't have a date yet. Something tells me there's a warehouse full of them somewhere, I just don't know why they haven't released it.

Gord

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
Thanks Gord... I would love to get the whole series! Hopefully it won't be allot longer.. I am taking it that Eerie Indiana was only 1 season? And I guess you haven't heard anything on Are You Afraid of the Dark and Goosebumps huh?

Jim Beaver

Supporting Actor
I wonder has anyone talked to Paramount about Are You Afraid of the Dark? Gord? Dave?

Who owns Goosebumps anyways? I know it was on Fox Kids in the States but was filmed and produced in Canada. Could it be owned by a Canadian company?

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
As has been stated repeatedly by myself and others when it comes to these old Nick shows, I personally think that Paramount could make a fortune off of these. I've got to prephase that by saying that it perhaps seems like they can to me because of the internet. I'm always reading about how people long for those Nick shows on DVD and would buy them. That tells me that there is an interest, but as was discussed in the Sanford and Son thread the internet is only a small segment of the overall DVD buying population so that number is artificially high.

But seriously, I've got to think that your average person that grew up on this stuff would love to own it, and that would apply to more than just the people that post on the internet.

I'd take Pete and Pete, Are You Afraid of the Dark, Round House, Hey Dude, and Salute Your Shorts. Anything else that they threw out might get a glance from me, and if I remember it well enough I might go for it.

ChrisRose

Stunt Coordinator
I have fond memories of watching Are You Afraid Of The Dark with my little sister...it was our Halloween tradition. I'd buy DVDs for both of us, in a heartbeat. :)

You know, I really believe it would sell! AYAOTH featured so many guest stars over the years, some of whom became famous... which they could use to promote the DVDs.

A few familiar names/faces:

Bobcat Goldthwait
Neve Campbell (Party of Five)
Jewel Staite (Flash Forward, Joss Whedon's Firefly)
Eric Johnson (Smallville)
Emily VanCamp (Everwood)
Gregory Smith (Everwood)
Melissa Joan Hart (Sabrina The Teenage Witch)
Mia Kirshner (The L Word)

I bet *lots* of people who follow these actors now, would love to see their earlier appearances on Are You Afraid Of The Dark.

Not the only reason to watch/buy the series, of course. But it doesn't hurt!

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Chris, you may have actually hit upon a reason for the release to be held up. I wonder how many of those people have to clear this release before it would be able to be produced...

Just a thought.

Jim Beaver

Supporting Actor
I really hope it isn't something like as that would suck. I'm hoping its more something like Paramount has no idea what there sitting on and need a good nudge to know that Are You Afraid of the Dark would be very successfull.

ChrisRose

Stunt Coordinator
Oh I hope that's not the reason David... the actors I listed aren't exactly huge superstars. Somehow I can't see them holding up the release due to big egos or greedy demands. I could be wrong but I think they're juuust famous enough to be a selling point for the DVDs, that's all.

In my opinion it would make sense to release AYAOTD while Smallville and Everwood are popular, and now that the Firefly DVDs are such a big hit. :)

Jim Beaver, I agree with you that Paramount needs a nudge. I guess I'm hoping Someone Important will read this thread and realize there's an interest... Hey anything can happen here at Home Theater Forum. ;)

Wezzo

Second Unit
AYAOTD? and Goosebumps would really be excellent! I'd also like to see Clarissa, Salute Your Shorts, Hey Arnold, and .. Kenan and Kel. (Alright, I admit - I love it! :))

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks