What's new

when using a 7.1 recevier with a 5.1 speaker system, what are the rear's? (1 Viewer)

London Lawson

Second Unit
Surround back or surround's? I just hooked up my htr5890 and I am attemting the auto setup and I got the error that my surround backs are connected but not my surrounds.

Also at the beggining it had me turn my sub output to half and the crossover cutoff to max. the sub is a paradigm PW2200, should I keep these settings? It is being used with Paradigm Monitor 3 v.3's as fronts and a CC370 v.3 as a center.

PeterK

Supporting Actor
hey. Nice setup. Yes you do have them hooked up in the wrong speaker jacks. If you only have 5.1 you should have your back speakers hooked up to "surround" not "surround back"
You should have the crossover on the subwoofer, that way, only the crossover from the receiver will be working and there will be a smoother transition between sub and speakers.
The sub output to half is just a starting point for calibrating. If you can get the levels you want by adjusting the sub output in the receiver, then leave the knob on the sub at half.

PeterK

Supporting Actor
turn that until you get the loudest bass possible coming out of your sub (usually the 0 or 180 position)

JohnMurphy

Grip
Let me know what you think of your new receiver. I want to go from my 5.1 kenwood to the the 5890 also. Im waiting for mamas approval. I appreciate all your info. Thanks. Murph

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks