What's new

When does DeepDiscountDVD have their 20% off sale? (1 Viewer)

Steven Larson

Stunt Coordinator
I think DDD has their 20% off sale twice a year, and I thought one of the times was in the spring. Does anyone know when it is? Thanks!!

Steve

Ronn.W

Second Unit
Usually in June and November if I remember correctly. They'll have them whenever they choose, though. And, since DDD has changed and expanded their site to sell lots of other merchandise, I wouldn't be surprised if they changed or discontinued the sale.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
My recollection was roughly Memorial Day and Thanksgiving. But they don't ever pre-announce it that I can recall; it just arrives and then you can't get onto the website until 2 AM.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
It's more like mid-June (definitely not in May) and mid-November (the latter sale is usually over by Thanksgiving). It's not necessarily announced but it's usually known about and posted on message boards a few days ahead of time.

Sam H

Second Unit
I really hope it's not discontinued. Their sale is generally something I anticipate and love to participate in. I've been holding off on a number of titles to jump in for the next one, but if it's not going to happen I may take my plans to another store.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
The problem is that they're making little or no profit if you buy from them only during the 20% off sale. The sale is designed to pull in new customers who will buy more than twice a year. So to them, buying from another retailer is essentially the same thing as only buying during the sale.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Last year, it started June 8 and Nov. 10; due to server problems the fall version was extended to 11/23 from 11/18. So I stand corrected; spring one starts after Memorial Day, fall one is done before Thanksgiving.

RyanAn

Screenwriter
They are loosing me as a customer anyway - their prices used to be very reasonable and sometimes down-right cheap, now they are just like any other online store's prices, bloated.

They also jacked up the prices on items a few dollars before the last sale.

ry

tjguitar85

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Thomas
I dont understand why people say their prices have increased because I haven't noticed that at all. CD's with $17.98 list price ares till generally $13.97...All the BCI Ink and Paint DVD releases are still tons cheaper than amazon or anywhere else.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
In my view they're neck and neck with Amazon. Whenever I don't have enough items to get Amazon's "free shipping if you spend more than $25", I choose DD.

And I always use DVDPriceSearch.com to check DVD prices.

Ronn.W

Second Unit

This was something that caused a big debate on another message board. Members did a non-scientific price monitor, and found that prices actually did not go up before the sale.*

What made it look like prices went up before the sale was that DDD generally has a a few different sales going on at all times. Those all end when the 20% sale starts. So, DVDs in wish lists or ones people had been watching looked like they had gone up a bit, when they were returned to their "real" price.

*There were a few exceptions, but DDD attributed these to problems with the database, and would return them to their lower price when contacted.

RyanAn

Screenwriter
How do I know?

Because a DVD That was not on sale one week and was 23 bucks went up to 26 or 28 the next day. I still saved a buck or two when I put in the code in, so it's not a big deal - the sale is a great thing and I'm not being ungrateful for the amount of money that I have saved.

ry

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
So what if the price of one disc went up before the sale? Prices change all the time. It's too bad that it happened to be something you wanted, but that doesn't make it evidence of a general trend.

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
Anyone know if there is a link or search term that will bring up all PRICE BITE items at deepdiscount?

Do the Price Bite item prices go back up at some point or is the Price Bite the new price?

ScottJH

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scott
A "Price Bite" is a price reduction on an item.

Bob Gu,
If you click on the "Price Bite" logo a pop-up with this description comes up,
"The Price Bite logo indicates titles that are now available at a new low price! Some Price Bite titles list a new release date. Pre-order these titles now at the new low price and we'll ship them as soon as they're available!"

I take that to mean it's a non sale price.

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
Thanks Scott, and thanks for your interest, Thomas.

While looking for something else over at DDD, I saw Buck Rogers In The 25th Century: The Complete Series, was listed as a Price Bite item for $19.18 with a release date of May 22nd. It originally retailed for $79.99, I think. This may be a re-issue and a good price for 32 episodes and the pilot. But I was thinking it would be even cheaper if I wait for the June 20% off sale. But on the other hand if the Price Bite price goes up after release day..?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks