What's new

When do Warner Home Video are trying to release more classic Hanna-Barbera Titles (1 Viewer)

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Another vote for Amazing Chan and the Chan Clan

Abbott & Costello would be neat also. Thanks to Mark for the explanation of the rights issues.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
The dearth of new and/or announced HB titles makes me think that Warners' thinks they've already tapped out the HB library. I wonder if sales haven't been that good the past year or two.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member

I'm starting to fear this now also. The announcement of later and lesser Hanna Barbera tiles like: New Johnny Quest and the 80's Jetson's episodes sounds as if they are about done with H-B since they are down to the Scrappy Doo of H-B titles now. I purchased all previous H-B titles but will not get these new releases. I hope its not true since there are so many great H-B titles yet to release but I fear this is the end of the line.

Anthony Hom

Supporting Actor
Would like to see the Pirates of Dark Water on DVD. One of the last H-B cartoons not aimed specifically at kids.

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey
the big hold ups are quality of source material and that pesky Capital Music issue

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
I just want QUICKDRAW MCGRAW !!!

Some Loopy De Loop shorts would be nice but not essential.

After that I don't really care... but The QUICKDRAW Show deserves a DVD release, especially when they're putting out all this other 70's slop!

Mike*HTF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
I would have thought with the success of the films, that the 60s animated Fantastic Four series would have been an obvious release - even as an "extra."

Does anyone know if this is a rights issue?

chadHobbick

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chad
I think the reason the 60's Fantastic Four is due to Marvel and WB arguing over the rights and who gets what share of the profits, so in the end we all lose.

Professor Echo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glen

this has to be the case as there is no way a dvd set of this wouldn't sell. they really did miss TWO opportunities to release this with the live action feature films. hard to fathom what they're thinking.............

chadHobbick

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chad
Well that could be said about Disney missing the boat w/releasing the 90's Iron Man series along w/the movie, hell even after the movie was a hit they could have released the series for Christmas. Spider-Man and X-Men as well. They released the Fantastic Four animated series when there was no movie to support it, yet they can't release the others to align w/movie releases. Sigh....

At least WB is consistent to HB series even if there is a little time lapse b/t seasons. Disney can't even finish up their Disney Afternoon releases they started when there is just one more set to complete most if not all the series they have released so far.

Mike*HTF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Or the 60s Iron Man series which I believe is only released in the UK presently.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks