What's new

When did you buy into 3DO? $800? $600? $400? $150? (1 Viewer)

James D S

Screenwriter
Forgot to mention that after months of looking, I finally found the SNES-to-3DO adapter I remember being available back in the day. I was beginning to give up hope. Thank God for eBay...
Now I can use my CL Championship stick with SSF2 Turbo, still the best rendition of that game I've come across now coupled with my fav SF stick! Oh yeah, you better believe I got my money's worth. :)

Marshall W. Carter

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Marshall W. Carter
I picked up the Goldstar for $199 at Babbages. It came bundled with FIFA and Shockwave, and I picked up an extra controller as well as HELL. I can't say that I've ever regreted it either. Plenty of nice games there, and its fair share of stinkers (anyone who berates Way of the Warrior never played Shadow, another MK wannabe that's ever worse).
I never had the SNES adaptor, but I did have a joystick that had a SNES pass-through port, so it was just as good.
If I remember correctly, Games Express has a lot of that kind of stuff at http://www.gexpress.com

James D S

Screenwriter
What's this SNES thing?
Graeme,
The adapter is called "3D Zero" and allows you to play any SNES controller on your 3DO. For me, this was essential in getting the most out of Street Fighter 2: Turbo (3DO has my favorite version of that game). As you know, those 3DO controllers weren't the best. :)

Camp

Senior HTF Member
Even worse than Way of The Warrior was Kasumi Ninja for Atari's Jaguar. It was an absolute pain to play and look at.
Remember all the major press Way of the Warrior got before its release? It was hyped as the greatest fighter ever.
I initially steered clear of the original Crash Bandicoot just because WOTW was so bad.

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
quote:
As you know, those 3DO controllers weren't the best.
[/quote]
That's an understatement. If I got a 3DO I'd want that as well. Does allow for multiple controllers? The original 3DO design had one port on the system with a port on the pads to daisy chain them together.
------------------
[Edited last by Graeme Clark on November 03, 2001 at 10:06 PM]

James D S

Screenwriter
Graeme,
It has the controller passthrough built into the side of the adapter, but it is a standard 3DO connector. So you wouldn't be able to hook up more than one SNES controller without additional 3D Zero's.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks