What's new

When are We going to see a Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea Blu-ray Release?! (1 Viewer)

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Gary good to see you here old friend! Jack and you have me really taking a hard look at Season 1 and all of the seasons of course before Seaview hits dry dock for the Summer. I love the episode from Season two with that Star married to Gena Rowlands who is a peace maker and then declares to the world that "Seaview has now become the capital of the world" as he states it. I really did think Katie Susan Flannery had a shot at Voyage and she was used in one Time Tunnels best episodes ever.

Harry any thoughts from you on your favorite episodes of Voyage? And Harry who was that guy I am trying to think of who was in the Mia Farrow film?

Glen how about from you too? The one you brought up was very well done from season 3 no less

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
DeWilson said:
I love Basehart in Allied Artists HITLER (1961) He gives a GREAT performance in a different take on The Fuhrer. An often overlooked film.

I have some of his great films already but caved this week and bought a used copy of Moby Dick. If you look at all the films and TV Richard has done it is remarkable. I Marilyn the Untold Story is up for order now. He played Johnny Hyde Marilyn's first friend in major Hollywood should we say.

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
Mark Collins said:
... I love the episode from Season two with that Star married to Gena Rowlands who is a peace maker and then declares to the world that "Seaview has now become the capital of the world" as he states it.
And Harry who was that guy I am trying to think of who was in the Mia Farrow film?
You must be thinking of John Cassavetes. He was married to Gena Rowlands and was in ROSEMARY'S BABY with Mia Farrow.

My favorite VOYAGE episode is probably "Submarine Sunk Here". I also have a fondness for "The Death Watch".

Harry

Professor Echo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glen
Mark, it's been awhile since I've watched VOYAGE and am not as well versed as you and Gary and others, but I'll use this as inspiration to watch some shows soon and come back here with thoughts. In a similar, albeit inferior vein, I'm just about done watching LAND OF THE GIANTS, which I borrowed from a friend as well as a local library. I've been watching it on Sunday nights (natch!) on and off for about three years now, with extended breaks due to traveling. I won't hijack this thread to discuss that series, but suffice to say that even though there were several times during the series I was happy I never bought it, I know I'm going to miss it when it's done.

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Glen do not worry about speaking of LOTG here because we have. I understand the show was to go on in 1967 as mid season replacement but ABC decided on the Invaders instead. The show debut in 68 did give Irwin Allen the Voyage time slot for two more years. I always wondered if Voyage would have continued in those last two years.

I am getting ready as I have told here to put Seaview in dry dock for the summer. I watched The Lost Bomb again from season 3 which people write off and they are wrong. I also want to watch the 3 man episode you spoke of before summer begins.

I also have been watching season 1 a great deal too. Love that season as I do all seasons of Voyage. I want to watch Hail to Chief which Jack brought up.

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Happy 50th Anniversary Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea!!!

I will be watching tonight from season four volume 2 the lost pilot and the original broadcast with commercials.

Here are a few links in honor and memory of Irwin Allen.

http://www.vttbots.com/premiere.html

Here is the great William Self on Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea 27 minutes into part 3 and into part 4.

I also want to thank that nameless fan who told me that he provided Fox with that lost Pilot that is on Volume 2 of Season 4
:drum:

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Hey Karl thanks for that link!!! I had no idea that Irwin had David and Richard sign on for five years. I always heard that Voyage was suppose to get that 5th year. I see why now.

ABC was suppose to put Giants on in mid 67 but then chose the Invaders instead. Allen was still pushing for Giants on Wednesdays but ABC wanted to keep the Invaders where it was and Allen decided to dump Voyage for Giants.

The plots of having the walking robots on the surface of the sea which looked like models from the Empire Strikes Back would have looked cool.

I know many will say it still would have been monster of the week but perhaps not.

More Richard Basehart every week I sure would have loved. He grounds all the plots on Voyage and does it very well.

Funny because Time Tunnel was suppose to get Wednesday nights in 66/67 until some jerk at ABC pulled the plug. I guess even LIS was suppose to get a 4th season too on CBS.

I am just glad we have the 4 seasons that we do of Voyage. I am watching the first year one episode each week. I am also watching the others as I do every year and will watch the entire show by the start of summer.

Halloween Voyage is on my TV this month.

The Phantom and The Phantom Returns

Cave of the Dead

Werewolf and Brand of the Beast

Man Beast

My all time favorite which I watch several times the Mummy!!!

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Just finished the UFO episode which aired on 10/19/64. Richard Basehart always blows me away with his talent. The rest of the cast is top notch and the special effect are great!Yes I shall go back to may monster viewing. I still love those shows too. The Mummy is so very special in many ways.We see the Seaview on the night shift and Chip is great when interacts with Nelson.The last scene as I have said before is my favorite of all the Voyage episodes. Basehart looks direct into the camera and speaks to us the audience!!I love what he states at the end. For me what he said justified what ever crazy thing was happening in our world at that time could be solved with the brave men of the Seaview at the helm.

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
Since I won't be around later in the week, here's the annual VOYAGE TO THE BOTTOM OF THE SEA "Halloween" promo slide:

VTTBOTSPromoSlide.jpg

Happy Halloween!

Harry

KarlB737

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Karl
I am always looking for something new that we may have missed or that could have been overlooked. There was an episode of Voyage To The Bottom Of The Sea that was meant for Season Two called "The Surfers" but apparently was never finished. Here is where I stumbled on this information:

Second Season Missing Episode
http://www.tv.com/shows/voyage-to-the-bottom-of-the-sea/forums/second-season-missing-episode-58862-1206714/

On a side note do any of you know if David Hedison is still attending the typical Science Fiction shows or gatherings. If we have any more questions like what I have mentioned above we had better find out if he is still circulating as he is in his 80s now and may have stopped attending these events.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks