What's new

What's your wishlist for MILL CREEK ENTERTAINMENT? (1 Viewer)

rollotoon

Auditioning
Real Name
Bob Rollo
Just saw a post on TVShowsonDVD.com that Mill Creek Entertainment, who puts out a lot of the Stephen J. Cannell shows on DVD, will be interviewed on air Wednesday October 6 by USTownhall.com. They say that we fans can email suggestions as to what Mill Creek should release in the future as far as TV shows on DVD to [email protected].

I got Mill Creek's HUNTER: THE COMPLETE SERIES based on the last interview that Mill Creek did with USTownhall.com and I was not disappointed. Next week, they're releasing both RENEGADE and THE COMMISH as full series box sets, and I'll probably pick up the Renegade one to start.

I know some people are upset with Mill Creek in that they're releasing full series in one set rather than picking up where each series left off in their single-season releases, but I kind of like having the whole series all together all at once.

Here's my list of stuff I emailed as suggestions:

- Silk Stalkings: The Complete Series

- Two: The Complete Series

- Stingray: The Complete Series (already released in Canada, but Mill Creek could probably bring it in for like $15-20)

- BJ and the Bear - not a Stephen J. Cannell series, but fairly popular in its day, so I wonder why this has never even been talked about for a DVD release.

- Hunter: The Reunion Movies & Revival Series

So, what's on your wishlist? Email it in to the address above and maybe we'll get some good news about them tomorrow during the interview.

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
The Quest

Tenspeed & Brownshoe

also

Probe

Phoenix

The Outlaws

The Others

The Charmings

Out of this World

Starman

Switch

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
I'd like to see them compile another BEST OF TV DETECTIVES set!

rollotoon

Auditioning
Real Name
Bob Rollo
Went to the USTownhall.com site to listen to the interview, and it turns out that it was rescheduled to tomorrow, so at least that gives us some more time to send in our suggestions.

As for the Best of TV Detectives, was that Mill Creek? I think I have one of those, but I remember it from Passport or something. Although I'm sure more than one company puts those kinds of things out.

Didn't Mill Creek already put out Tenspeed and Brownshoe except for the pilot episode?

I noticed that Mill Creek doesn't seem to do a lot of sitcoms, but I was thinking that some sitcoms with short runs might make for cool series sets.

Anyone remember 70s sitcoms "Angie" starring Donna Pescow and Robert Hays and "Makin' It," a Saturday Night Fever knockoff starring David Naughton of Dr. Pepper/American Werewolf in London fame? Those might make for good series sets.

smithb

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brad Smith
Originally Posted by Regulus

I'd like to see them compile another BEST OF TV DETECTIVES set!

I second it. I have both of the 150 Western Collections, and wouldn't mind seeing another BEST OF DETECTIVES. Other options might be a BEST OF ANTHOLOGIES or BEST OF SUSPENCE.

Tory

Real Name
Tory
Yes to more Match Game. I have been out of collecting for a while but I saw a Mill Creek Match Game at the store and was wondering if this is the same content that was on the BCI one or if this was a newer collection of episodes previously unavailable on DVD.

Also, Mill Creek, with your massive sets and all, could you consider starting to break into the day time soap genre with collections of Another World, Santa Barbara and Days of Our Lives? Really wanting to recapture some of the 80s fun, especiallly with John de Lancie and Arleen Sorkin

on Days.

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Tory

Yes to more Match Game. I have been out of collecting for a while but I saw a Mill Creek Match Game at the store and was wondering if this is the same content that was on the BCI one or if this was a newer collection of episodes previously unavailable on DVD.

Also, Mill Creek, with your massive sets and all, could you consider starting to break into the day time soap genre with collections of Another World, Santa Barbara and Days of Our Lives? Really wanting to recapture some of the 80s fun, especiallly with John de Lancie and Arleen Sorkin

on Days.

All of the Mill Creek G-T game show releases (Match Game, Family Feud, Price is Right, Password) are straight re-releases of the BCI ones except most (if not all) of them are minus at least one disc each, meaning they have less shows on them than the original BCI sets.

So, if you don't have them already, I'd try to get the more complete BCI sets from Amazon Marketplace or some such before they get too pricey.

Also, the packaging is slightly different (same art, just configured for a "fat" Amaray-style case rather than digipaks or multiple-slim cases).

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Ive read that some of these Mill Creek game show rereleases, are also severely compressed, and dont look as good as the original BCI releases. Glad to have gotten the original releases of price is right, and family feud when first released.

Tory

Real Name
Tory
Well, what all was released from BCI? I have a 4 disc MAtch Game Set and a 4 Disc All Star Family Feud. I want the other two. Did BCI ever release a 2nd volume of Matchgame, I remember reading one was being put together.

Back on topic I want Mill Creek to release the NBC "Primetime Starts at 7:30" lineup of syndicated shows. Most importantly Out of This World but also She's the Sheriff and Marblehead Manor. I don't recall We've Got it Made and You Can't Take it With You very well but I am interested as well.

Also, TV series like Grand with Bonnie Hunt and Nearly Departed with Eric Idle.

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Tory

Well, what all was released from BCI? I have a 4 disc MAtch Game Set and a 4 Disc All Star Family Feud. I want the other two. Did BCI ever release a 2nd volume of Matchgame, I remember reading one was being put together.

No, there was only the one Match Game set (though a stripped-down "Dumb Dora Edition" also came out). Also amongst the sets that were in the planning stages (but never had a chance to enter production were another volume of Family Feud a volume of black-and-white What's My Line and a volume of TattleTales.

From memory, the only sets that actually came out were one volume each of Match Game, All-Star Family Feud, Price is Right and 1960s Password (which just barely made it out before BCI closed down).

JasonWa

Auditioning
I would like to see Hardcastle and McCormick, BJ and the Bear, and The Misadventures of Sheriff Lobo.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
Originally Posted by AndyMcKinney

No, there was only the one Match Game set (though a stripped-down "Dumb Dora Edition" also came out). Also amongst the sets that were in the planning stages (but never had a chance to enter production were another volume of Family Feud a volume of black-and-white What's My Line and a volume of TattleTales.

From memory, the only sets that actually came out were one volume each of Match Game, All-Star Family Feud, Price is Right and 1960s Password (which just barely made it out before BCI closed down).

I would love to see the complete series for Silk stalkings. I especially want the show when Janet Gunn joined the cast.

Davestar724

Auditioning
Real Name
David Blanco
I'm sure Mill Creek Entertainment will acquire the rights to The Mark Goodson-Bill Todman Library(now FremantleMedia) so they can release more game shows on DVDs.

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
Here's a Longshot! (Hey we've seen others hit "Pay Dirt' before, who'd think a year ago The 6M Dollar Man & The Bionic Woman would see the light of day!)

I'd like to see Mill Creek release these two Animated Series:

Hot Wheels

Sky Hawks

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks