What's new

Whats Your Favorite K-Cup? (2 Viewers)

John Gido

Second Unit
TonyD said:
I dont like the hot chocolate cups. they aren't anything more then the same thing that's in the hot coco packets and these cups don't dissolve all the powder out of the k-cup into the mug
I strictly drink the hot chocolate and have never experienced this. Plus, the packets hold a h*ll of a lot more powder than the K-cups.

The only draw-back to the hot chocolate is hat you have to run a cycle of plain hot water after brewing. Maybe you got a bad batch?

DaveMcS

Second Unit
We are big fan's of Green mountains Nantucket Blend. I also enjoy the Folger's Classic Roast as well

David_B_K

Advanced Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Stan said:
I drink regular, decaf coffee. It's surprising, but it's often hard to find. So many places serve Espresso, creamy, hazelnut. vanilla flavored coffees that they look at me like I'm some kind of alien species. You want what? Don't think we even do that.

I've got a great coffee maker at home, set to a timer, grinds whole beans and does a great job, so just make my own for now.
That basically describes what I do. Because I drink mainly decaf, or a 65/35 blend of decaf/real coffee, I like really strong tasting coffee. I used to mainly get Starbuck's Verona Decaf, which was an extremely rich and strong flavor. But Starbucks has really scaled back their operation. They no longer sell the Verona decaf, and the only decafs I ever see there are Espresso, Sumatra or Pike's Place.

Like you, I use a grinder, both at home and in the office. In my office, I use a Black & Decker 1-cup maker, or a Keurig (I have one of each). I bought the Keurig a year ago as an after Xmas sale item. I thought it would be my primary office coffee maker; but K-cups are too expensive for that purpose. My wife and I have a Keurig at home that we like for an extra cup after we polish off a pot, or if she wants a 100% cup of real coffee, or if someone wants a cup when we don't have a pot ready. Quality-wise, I have to say the Barista Prima Decaf Italian Roast K-cup is as great-tasting a cup of coffee as I have ever had or ever made.

Scott McGillivray

Supporting Actor
My wife and I have had our machine for about 2 years now. I dont think I would be exaggerating if said we have put close to a thousand cups through it. We use it a LOT. It is great to have a nice variety for when people come over.

Our current favorite is the Tim Horton's brand. Tastes great and is also a very good deal!

Scott Strang

Screenwriter
Folgers black silkGreen mountain donut shopWalmart great value donut shopNewmans own French market coffee and chicoryMilstone fog lifterGivalia colombianMy 4 year old daughter likes Swiss miss cocoa which is her "coffee."Tullys regular roastREV although it makes me feel line I'm gonna have a heart attack so I don't drink it anymoreI hate any and all French roast. I have yet to have one that didn't taste like a coffee pot left on the warmer too long

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I bought my wife the Vue last year for Christmas. Good: It's decent cup of coffee. Bad: Finding "V" cups is a hell of a lot harder then finding K cups. :(

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Still trying out a few different ones. I earlier said I liked my first box of the Dunkin' Donuts some months ago. Well, I just bought another, and this time, after having been drinking the Starbucks House and Breakfast Blends a lot recently, the Dunkin' is now tasting kind of ordinary and a little bit "dirty" to me. I'm still getting some of that identifiable Dunkin' flavor, but the quality of the cup in general isn't so much to my liking. Go figure.

Northgun

Second Unit
Real Name
Jacob
I didnt have easy access to dunkin donuts, being that all of them closed recently in my area. I did manage to find some tim hortons coffee which has been pretty amazing when combined with cold stone sweet creamer

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
That Morning Fog from BJs is strong stuff. The same company had another flavor at BJs whose name escapes me. Some kind of South American blend IIRC. I like the more environmentally friendly pods. My parents brought some local New England brand (it might actually be something like "New England") down with them, and it comes in the same type of pod. I figured that maybe they're coming into more widespread use.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Aaron Silverman said:
That Morning Fog from BJs is strong stuff. The same company had another flavor at BJs whose name escapes me. Some kind of South American blend IIRC. I like the more environmentally friendly pods. My parents brought some local New England brand (it might actually be something like "New England") down with them, and it comes in the same type of pod. I figured that maybe they're coming into more widespread use.
I think that's the Foglifter and Rainforest Blend from San Francisco Bay coffee at BJ's. I like those. They're about $10 less per box (80 ct) than the other brands, as well.

Tried some cups from the Brooklyn Bean Roastery recently and wasn't impressed. Quite weak. The Melitta cups I bought recently are pretty good, but nothing special.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
David_B_K said:
That basically describes what I do. Because I drink mainly decaf, or a 65/35 blend of decaf/real coffee, I like really strong tasting coffee. I used to mainly get Starbuck's Verona Decaf, which was an extremely rich and strong flavor. But Starbucks has really scaled back their operation. They no longer sell the Verona decaf, and the only decafs I ever see there are Espresso, Sumatra or Pike's Place.

Like you, I use a grinder, both at home and in the office. In my office, I use a Black & Decker 1-cup maker, or a Keurig (I have one of each). I bought the Keurig a year ago as an after Xmas sale item. I thought it would be my primary office coffee maker; but K-cups are too expensive for that purpose. My wife and I have a Keurig at home that we like for an extra cup after we polish off a pot, or if she wants a 100% cup of real coffee, or if someone wants a cup when we don't have a pot ready. Quality-wise, I have to say the Barista Prima Decaf Italian Roast K-cup is as great-tasting a cup of coffee as I have ever had or ever made.
I started drinking decaf about 20 years ago.
I was at a business seminar, drinking their coffee when my heart started beating faster and I just felt really strange. Then a bit later, I could literally hear and feel the blood rushing through my body, especially near my ears.

Ever since then, decaf only.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave

Northgun

Second Unit
Real Name
Jacob
Has anyone tried the San Fransico Bay company K-cups? I'm looking to buy k-cups in 80 plus count packs to save a bit of money because of how many k-cups my household goes through. Were thinking of trying the French Roast and the Breakfast Blend. Any thoughts anyone? It gets great reviews on Amazon.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Northgun said:
Has anyone tried the San Fransico Bay company K-cups? I'm looking to buy k-cups in 80 plus count packs to save a bit of money because of how many k-cups my household goes through. Were thinking of trying the French Roast and the Breakfast Blend. Any thoughts anyone? It gets great reviews on Amazon.
Love them. We buy the Fog Chaser blend all the time.

Rogers Coffee Co, which owns SFBay coffee, has also developed a hack for the new Keurig 2.0 brewers that they're sharing with everyone for free, just by requesting one at their website. The new K2.0 brewers will only brew Keurig-branded k-cups, which are often more expensive than other brands. Rogers' insert defeats this restriction and will allow you to once again use any k-cups in the new brewers.

Northgun

Second Unit
Real Name
Jacob
Malcolm R said:
Love them. We buy the Fog Chaser blend all the time.
I ordered the breakfast blend today to give them a try. I'll probably end up trying the fog chaser and french roast soon as well. Thanks for the input :)

atfree

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex
I love the Coffee People's Jet Fuel and Black Tiger for non-flavored, and the Cake Boss flavored K-cups when I want flavored coffee. My wife prefers Coffee People's Donut Shop for regular and loves the Gloria Jean's Hazelnut for flavored.

We've had our machine for about 2 years and love it. We probably each have 2 cups a day, every day at a minimum (more on weekends) so we've definitely put ours through its paces. I order from both Amazon and Coffee Giant and try to get a variety each time.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I've gotten the Fog Chaser and Breakfast Blend SFBay flavors at BJ's (I forget the price, but they're the cheapest K-Cups in the store). Both taste fine.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Aaron Silverman said:
I've gotten the Fog Chaser and Breakfast Blend SFBay flavors at BJ's (I forget the price, but they're the cheapest K-Cups in the store). Both taste fine.
When I was in BJ's a couple weeks ago, SF Bay was $31.99 for a box of 80. Other GM brands were $42.99 for 80.

My BJ's just recently went up $3/box on all K-cups. They used to be $28.99/$39.99.

Northgun

Second Unit
Real Name
Jacob
Ended up loving the san fransico bay company coffees. I drink them all the time now. I picked up the Duncan Donuts k cups from Target yesterday. Their pretty good. Still prefer the Tim Hortan's over them though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks