What's new

What's your favorite Hamburger Helper flavour? (1 Viewer)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Just a randon question for kicks, mine is the ol' standard Cheeseburger Macaroni but last night I made the Chilli flavour and it's awesome. I added some Frank's Hot Sauce to the ground beef and it turned out sweet!
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

Grew up on the stuff, to me it's like Kraft mac n' cheese, two of this planets great quick meals. :) Well, an honorary nod also goes to popcorn chicken drowned in Frank's Buffalo wing sauce. :cool:

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
I make my own and it has evolved quite a bit over the years.
It's damn tasty if I do say so and looking in the mirror I can see how much I enjoy it.

Start with good meat, a mix of Chuck & Sirloin.
I use at least 4 different pastas and add a bag of dry onion soup and a good variety of spices.

Add your favorite cheese.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
I like the Cheeseburger Macaroni one the best. It's been years since I've eaten them.

~T

Jan H

Senior HTF Member
'I don't know why they call this stuff Hamburger Helper!' Does just fine by itself!'

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I make my own as well. I'm partial to good old basic beef-a-roni...chili mac, if you will. But since I'm not eating beef these days I haven't made it in a long time. Hadn't planned to not eat it this long, but after the cow-forklift thing I found I could do without it. Beef can be replaced by a seriously sharp cheddar and actually be much more appealing to me anyway. Noodles+Ragu/sweat sausage flavor+extra extra sharp cheese > spaghetti with beef. :p

KevinGress

Supporting Actor
I don't like Hamburger Helper very often, but my wife and kids like it and when we have it, it's 3 cheese lasanga.

troy evans

Screenwriter
Lew and Kevin H. You guys know you like hamburger helper. That's why you posted. Sure it's not what the cool kids are eating. It's probably hard to admit how damn good it can be too. :) Kidding, Kidding.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
My guilty, semi-prepared, junk food pleasures are: Velveeta and Rotel chili and tomatoes while watching football and Top Ramen. I’ve never had Hamburger Helper of any type, so I really can’t comment.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Beef Stroganoff and the lasagna one. that mac and cheese one.. easy to make without the helper, but I think Stoganoff has a buch of crap that makes it a pain in the ass.

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
I usually like the 3 cheese one, but have not had it in a long time. Takes to long to fix. I prefer chicken breast, george forman grill, then cheese on top. 10 minutes, no flavor, eat with with plenty of fluids to get it down. Delicious!

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Hamburger Helper has flavor? :D

Haven't made it in years, so I can't recall if I had a fave. I think I still have a few boxes in the pantry (well past the printed expiration, no doubt, but probably still edible). ;)

Todd K

Second Unit
I was about to lament the loss of the Cheesy Nacho flavor, but the website (General Mills: Hamburger Helper) still lists it as a current flavor! I have looked at multiple stores in multiple states, and haven't seen this in at least five years. Is it some kind of conspiracy??

Barring that, I'll pick Stroganoff as my #2.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
"There's no meat in this?"
"We have meat at home, Clark."

BOX OF HAMBURGER HELPER = BAG OF PASTA + BAG OF SPICES + 60% UNUSED BOX SPACE

It "settles during shipping" my ass!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks